Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guy's I finally finished the engine install this morning.The car runs great.
I set my fuel pressure at 45lbs.(hose off)
and set the TPS to .40 volts at idle and 4.81
volts wide open throttle.With the engine warm and in gear my Iac is a steady 33,in park it bounces between 17 and 21.(at idle for both cases.The chip is a borrowed thrasher 92 with anti theft.and I get about 4 degrees knock retard at 13lbs of boost on union 76 92 octane.as for o2 cross counts or mv like a dummy I didn't keep track.But the car pulls well.even though it shows rich most of the time on the otc 4000E.
I guess what I'm trying to ask is how to get this thing really dialed to my combo?
Any help or even critisizm would be great.
thanks Bildo

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
Bill, you must have some bad gas up there or something is wrong (fuel delivery??) to get 4 degrees @ 13# boost.
I run Thrashers and they do seem to run rich. I try to lean them out - I get to much knock. Still trying to get the balance,

[This message has been edited by ES (edited July 28, 2001).]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I thought it might be the gas seeing as even my new truck pings on the stuff.I'll have to check around and see what works best.
By the way how do you like your thrasher?

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
The Thrashers work good. They are a high boost low timing chip. I run 17# with the 92 and 20# with the 100.
They seem to work well on my car.
I have a high timing Hypertec and it gives me a better power feeling but I cannot run as much boost and the car does not drive as well.
I know it is costly but you need to run xylene or get you an alky kit because these cars are more fun the more you turn up the boost. You are a low boost level with a good amount of knock.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts