Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I dropped off the bare block,crank, and other misc pieces to the shop the other day. They call me back told me that the crank needs to be cut no problem. Also tells me that the bores are scratched up and need to be resized. I was a little shocked but I kinda figured a Buick motor wouldn't be that easy!! So Im trying to figure out what kind of Pistons to get in the motor? Not looking to do any track driving with it but want something better than stock. Suggestions? With this new expense I think I'll be sticking to a regular 206 Comp cam nothing special.

Stefan

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
I think when Chuck has his redone he used Diamond pistons.

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
TRWs. I have them in mine (still standard bore) and they have been fine. Should work fine for you plans.

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was looking at the Speed Pro Forged Pistons but I see they only have them .030 over and not
.020 over. then there is the Speed pro cast pistons but im wondering how good they will be with handling the heat. Cams right now Im leaning toward a Comp cams 206/206 or Edelbrock 204/214

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Stefan,

Wiseco Pistons are also good, not sure on the price, Murph has these in his white car. When I was into racing dirt bikes (dirt drag strip), we ran these and they held up to hellish beatings.

Chuck

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I ordered the Speed Pro Forged Pistons.030 over 204/214 cam and a set of rings. Looks like the Crank will have to be cut as well. It's amazing after the block gets hot tanked and all the oil and grease is off of it how much you can feel the Cylinder bores for scratches. I stopped over to MAR yesterday to take a peek.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.