Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep she idles like a sewing machine, stalls out,and backfires through the exhaust. Scanmaster numbers seem ok. I'm back to the shop tomorrow with the re-builder to see what we can find. My mods are below, and it's a stock cam.(new)

Just off the top of your collective heads, what do you guys think this could be? It runs rough, and feels like the timing has jumped a tooth.

Cam sensor out 180?

Hell, I'm broke, and bummed out. I'm going out for a few beers, and an attitude adjustment..

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Why the Hell are you quoting yourself? Sounds like the ol' 180 cam sensor to me, but I won't quote myself! Steve Wood = Crazy!

OK, Ok! Two can play that old "delete the post after someone makes a comment to make the person that made the comment look like a knucklehead" game. You have been warned Steve Wood! Steve Wood = Crazy and Mean!

[This message has been edited by Zap (edited December 12, 2001).]

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
You had a post that repeated your previous post, only it was a quote of yourself. Either you did it or the board messed up. I vote you did it, as I know you are messed up.

Besides that, mine idled smoothly with the cam sensor 180 out, so there...wacko!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Originally posted by Zap:
You had a post that repeated your previous post, only it was a quote of yourself. Either you did it or the board messed up. I vote you did it, as I know you are messed up.

Besides that, mine idled smoothly with the cam sensor 180 out, so there...wacko!

I think your server is giving you the treatment you deserve....

So you think something you own would be representative of the the rest of the world?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Lol's It has been a fun time tonight. Thanks to each for the input. The Idle is really bad, in the way it is not good. Vibrates the entire car. Guess that would be ok if it was a rad cam, but it's just stock.

Now need sleeeeep..

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Tow it to my house instead, we have similar combo.'s and I could use the spare parts.

Yeah sounds terminal to me....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Regarding rough idle, stalling, and backfire (?); don't forget to check for a loose crank sensor and we have seen a few wire problems at both the ECM and ignition module. To be more specific pink(s) w/ black trace. Check all of them. While at idle give the harness a GOOD wiggle test. If you get a stall or stumble, thats your problem.

Hope this helps,
John @ ESP Products

1 - 12 of 12 Posts