Turbo Buick Forums banner

ENGINE PICS with "NEW" Champion Int. & Dual Razor Alky

3K views 30 replies 16 participants last post by  Grumpy 
#1 ·
:6: Also two homemade 4" intake systems; freshair w/maf & non-maf. It's been along time coming together. :6:

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Looks good that baby should move with all those goodies! :eek!: :D :6: :cheers:

#8 · (Edited)
forzfed said:
Why so small? :D
Used to have a 70 P-trim, 4" intake & 3" exhaust on the car since 99/2000 which needed a rebuild and Chopper said it would be a waste of money to just jump it up to a GTQ 70. I also had to modify the coil bracket so the wiper arm would not cut the plug wires. I also modified the dog house bracket to clear the fuel rail.
Oh, and those 10 mm plug wire holders are made from a black plastic coat hanger. :D

#10 ·
Bling bling Daddy likes :nilly:

#11 · (Edited)
forzfed said:
So, what kind of times does your beast turn?
Don't know I have not started the car yet :D but I could go into old times if interested. :D
Oh, and just in case anyone is interested that is a "96" Impala 140 amp alternator.

#12 ·
Dang that looks sweet, you missed a spot on the floor by the left front tire.
Oh yeh the engine looks sweet too. :headbang:

#13 ·
Ttype83 said:
Dang that looks sweet, you missed a spot on the floor by the left front tire.
Oh yeh the engine looks sweet too. :headbang:
Well how's the shifter look to ya, PS: I put this on the other site just for the he!! of it. :cool:

Attachments

#14 ·
william brophy said:
Well how's the shifter look to ya, PS: I put this on the other site just for the he!! of it. :cool:
LOL, How did you know I was thinking of getting one. The silver looks much nicer than I thought it would :headbang:

#16 ·
STOMPN 6 said:
Looks really nice! :yup: :cool:

But it looks like you have misplaced your hood. :dunno:
Stock hood will go back on soon :yup: Did you notice the $69 Ramcharger fans that are flipped over so all the wires are on the bottom? :D

#17 ·
Good lookin' work, Mr. Brophy. That engine is cleaner than some of the dishes I take out of my cabinets. Please send us more pix and time results after, say, about a dozen passes to "test/tune",,,

#18 · (Edited)
I used to get 130 mph @ 23 lbs. of boost with a 4 lb. launch on the foot brake on the old setup with a Max Effort Chip back in 99/2000, now I have a ME-R chip along with a Turbo Tweek. :D

PS: One thing I am proud of and no one seem's to of noticed is how neat the stock fuel injector wiring is run; out of sight and no tie-wires (I think it's cleaner looking than stock) and I also used a threaded plug in the intake to block the PVC valve which can be put back to stock ( remove plug and put grommet back in).

#20 ·
william brophy said:
I used to get 130 mph @ 23 lbs. of boost with a 4 lb. launch on the foot brake on the old setup with a Max Effort Chip back in 99/2000, now I have a ME-R chip along with a Turbo Tweek. :D

PS: One thing I am proud of and no one seem's to of noticed is how neat the stock fuel injector wiring is run; out of sight and no tie-wires (I think it's cleaner looking than stock) and I also used a threaded plug in the intake to block the PVC valve which can be put back to stock ( remove plug and put grommet back in).
That is smoking! Nice job on the injector harness, is the fuel rail slotted for the wires? Keep us up dated when you take it to the track! :6:

#21 · (Edited)
forzfed said:
That is smoking! Nice job on the injector harness, is the fuel rail slotted for the wires? Keep us up dated when you take it to the track! :6:
The fuel rail is not slotted, as you can see the stock wires run between the injectors and believe it or not that is the trick. The pics don't show all angles but you can not see the wires from any angle including the top. :D

Oh, and the two water feeds to the throttle body have been silver brazed closed a long time ago. :6:

#24 · (Edited)
cyabye said:
Thanks alot!! Now I've got to have one of those too!! How did you modify the coil bracket?
Passenger side mounting hole of coil bracket was elongated all the way back to the "raised area" and the DS hole elongated to match. Also cut the module mounting plate straight across to match the bottom of the coil pack/module (I put a little extra egg out in mine but not needed) and I also elongated the bottom two mounting holes out some on the two legged rear mounting bracket.

As the wiper arm moves back and forth it clears the plug wires buy approx. 1/4" or so at it's closest point on my setup.

#25 ·
William I want more pics! Lookin' good. You did a bunch of the same stuff I did/am planning on doing....

#26 · (Edited)
Gino this is a "surprise" to me to see this post brought back, but some may enjoy seeing the pics for the first/third time!

Instead of pulling air through the 3" oem MAF sensor like the day at MIR in 06 I am now/today using the Full Throttle 4" pipe w/sensor. The spool up is quicker now and I think the car makes "more power" at the same boost level i.e. 21/22 psi.
I had the flaring trans fixed after that MIR track rental than took it to a Capitol Raceway rental about two weeks later still running all the stuff that I ran at MIR, there was no traction that day at Capitol, my 60 fts. were approx. 2.1 or worst so no lower et but my mph went up to 134 mph (Art Carr n/l 9" converter) at the same 21/22 boost level. MPH may of been a little higher if I could of got the car going sooner (lots of tire spin/John Forceing it that day at Capitol).

My son took all those pics for me, he had a camera, I did not and he knows how to post pics and I don't. Since than he has moved to another state. I guess I'm now going to learn how to do pics for myself.:sw:

#27 ·
You get an A-plus for neatness & mega-attention to detail! :yup:

Wanted to ask what DP-size & brand,
and also what brand insulating wrap you're using?

-----------------and------------------

What mods have you done to your trans?

Those are killer ETs!!! As well as awesome MPHs!!!! :yup:

Thanks!-------------------------:cheers:

#28 · (Edited)
Thanks for the compliment, my head is already way to big.:D

1) 3" ATR downpipe through 2 1/2" ATR exhaust all the time.
2) Industrial insulating wrap a friend got from work (very good thick stuff)
3)The trans has all the important to go nines harden/forged parts with a deep pan but no trans brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.