Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:6: Also two homemade 4" intake systems; freshair w/maf & non-maf. It's been along time coming together. :6:
 

Attachments

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,284 Posts
Nice work,real pretty. :cheers:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,177 Posts
Looks good that baby should move with all those goodies! :eek!: :D :6: :cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
forzfed said:
Looks good! What size blower do you have on there?
GTQ 76 :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
forzfed said:
Why so small? :D
Used to have a 70 P-trim, 4" intake & 3" exhaust on the car since 99/2000 which needed a rebuild and Chopper said it would be a waste of money to just jump it up to a GTQ 70. I also had to modify the coil bracket so the wiper arm would not cut the plug wires. I also modified the dog house bracket to clear the fuel rail.
Oh, and those 10 mm plug wire holders are made from a black plastic coat hanger. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Bling bling Daddy likes :nilly:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
forzfed said:
So, what kind of times does your beast turn?
Don't know I have not started the car yet :D but I could go into old times if interested. :D
Oh, and just in case anyone is interested that is a "96" Impala 140 amp alternator.
 

·
Resident Slut
Joined
·
5,477 Posts
Dang that looks sweet, you missed a spot on the floor by the left front tire.
Oh yeh the engine looks sweet too. :headbang:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ttype83 said:
Dang that looks sweet, you missed a spot on the floor by the left front tire.
Oh yeh the engine looks sweet too. :headbang:
Well how's the shifter look to ya, PS: I put this on the other site just for the he!! of it. :cool:
 

Attachments

·
Resident Slut
Joined
·
5,477 Posts
william brophy said:
Well how's the shifter look to ya, PS: I put this on the other site just for the he!! of it. :cool:
LOL, How did you know I was thinking of getting one. The silver looks much nicer than I thought it would :headbang:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
STOMPN 6 said:
Looks really nice! :yup: :cool:

But it looks like you have misplaced your hood. :dunno:
Stock hood will go back on soon :yup: Did you notice the $69 Ramcharger fans that are flipped over so all the wires are on the bottom? :D
 

·
Older--but Getting Wiser
Joined
·
2,250 Posts
Good lookin' work, Mr. Brophy. That engine is cleaner than some of the dishes I take out of my cabinets. Please send us more pix and time results after, say, about a dozen passes to "test/tune",,,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I used to get 130 mph @ 23 lbs. of boost with a 4 lb. launch on the foot brake on the old setup with a Max Effort Chip back in 99/2000, now I have a ME-R chip along with a Turbo Tweek. :D

PS: One thing I am proud of and no one seem's to of noticed is how neat the stock fuel injector wiring is run; out of sight and no tie-wires (I think it's cleaner looking than stock) and I also used a threaded plug in the intake to block the PVC valve which can be put back to stock ( remove plug and put grommet back in).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,887 Posts
william brophy said:
I used to get 130 mph @ 23 lbs. of boost with a 4 lb. launch on the foot brake on the old setup with a Max Effort Chip back in 99/2000, now I have a ME-R chip along with a Turbo Tweek. :D

PS: One thing I am proud of and no one seem's to of noticed is how neat the stock fuel injector wiring is run; out of sight and no tie-wires (I think it's cleaner looking than stock) and I also used a threaded plug in the intake to block the PVC valve which can be put back to stock ( remove plug and put grommet back in).
That is smoking! Nice job on the injector harness, is the fuel rail slotted for the wires? Keep us up dated when you take it to the track! :6:
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top