Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search in the tech archives and came up with nothing,so here's my question.
What do you guys do for engine mounts?The poly's are expensive and the factory mounts are no longer available up my way.Anything decent from the aftermarket supliers in the way of a factory style mount?

------------------
Give em' hell!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I went with the polys, they are expensive, but gave me alot of dwnpipe clearance... and are pretty nice.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Mounts are $10 per side down here. It may be worth your while to just get someone to send you some..

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've thought of that,however when you cross the border,the charges get horrendous.What I was wondering was whether somebody like Borg Warner or someone like that made a heavy duty mount for our engines.

------------------
Give em' hell!

[This message has been edited by The Radius Kid (edited July 23, 2001).]

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been pondering this question just haven't ask yet. Would it be beneficial to hard mount the driver side instead of using a tie down strap? Would there be any draw backs to doing this?

David

[email protected]

·
Registered
817 Posts
Welp i have the poly mount drivers side, must say its a quality built piece, definately worth the money spent...
They also claim i no longer need to run the tie down strap with it..
I have heard that the motor even sits a little higher, i'm gonna find out this weekend when i drop my motor in...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts