Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys I finally installed my engine this evening,and will hopefully be finishing the wiring and plumbing end of it tomarrow.
I have just few questions.1 is it ok to drain the fuel tank by using the fuel pump(it's about half full of crappy fuel)
2 Besides the usuall priming the oil pump and making sure all the grounds are good and clean,is there anything I,m not thinking of that can sneek up and bite me in sphinter?

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Just kill the pump as soon as you see the first bubbles emerge....so as not to burn up the pump.

If it has a new cam, follow the break in procedure precisely.

Some cars get hot during the cam break in so have a hose there so you can spray water on the radiator to keep it cool if you have to.

Be sure the valve covers are snugged down so oil does not run down and catch on fire....wonder how I know that?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guy's. Everything went together real nice until I got to my fuel lines.They are all distorted and practically kinked in spots so I'm having a set of stainless steel braided lines made this week,I'm also having transmission lines made.
My goal is to have it completely dialed in before AUG 3,I'd like to drive it to my brother's wedding.So as the deadline draws closer I'll probably making more and more posts.
Thanks again:BILDO

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

1 - 4 of 4 Posts