Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the engine is back in the car. The new Champion irons are on and the new 208 cam is in. I always have the damnest time getting the engine back into the car. This is my fourth engine install and each time it takes me like an hour to get the trans and engine to cooperate. It's always so difficult to line the engine up and get those little nubs to fall into place. Next time (yes, I'm sure there will be a next time), I'm going to use one of those engine levelers from Harbor Freight. :wink:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
glad it is in...leave it there next time for such jobs! :D

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm not convinced that doing heads and a cam is easier with the engine in the car. I just hate bending over the fenders and working. Guess it's my arthritis. It's just so nice working on the engine with it on a stand. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
It's not faster...it is about five times faster...no pain, no gain. Wait til you really get old and start looking for jobs you can do on your back...and, to head you off....there are more things than prostitution that can be done on one's back! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By the way, I'm a little concerned about those "extra holes" in the Champion heads. Does anyone ever have a problem with them leaking?

Attachments

·
lag,what is that?
2,715 Posts
Chris,
The engine looks good with those heads on it, very very nice! :yup:

Hope everything works out for you this time.

Good luck!! :cheers:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
hmmmmm ..Champion didn't block them off ?? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Russ Merritt said:
Dude, that's a joke right?
If you look down into the hole it seems to be compromised by the valley. Do they just fill up with oil and it stays in there? I don't get it.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Russ Merritt said:
IT'S A PUSH ROD HOLE!!!!!! WTF!!!! Your really serious???

I hope to god I'm missing something........I'm afraid I'm not though....
Russ, take it easy. I was kidding about the leaking. But Russ, IT'S NOT THE PUSHROD HOLE I'M TALKING ABOUT.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This hole. I never really noticed it before. Is it a drain back hole or what?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would put a cork in there. Don't want any oil splashing on the crank while the engine is running! :yup:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Now that's differant Chris........

Yes, that is a drian back hole and no Champion did not "add" it. It is there on all stock heads......

Why are your starter wires in the lifter valley? You pulled the engine out to install the cam and heads, why wouldn't you assemble the rest on the engine stand as well? So pretty much you did 1/2 the job and reinstalled the engine 1/2 done...... :dunno:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Steve Wood said:
I would put a cork in there. Don't want any oil splashing on the crank while the engine is running! :yup:
Okay, I know you think this is funny, but just tell me. Is it a drainback hole? I never noticed it before. Humor me Steve.

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Russ Merritt said:
Now that's differant Chris........

Yes, that is a drian back hole and no Champion did not "add" it. It is there on all stock heads......

Why are your starter wires in the lifter valley? You pulled the engine out to install the cam and heads, why wouldn't you assemble the rest on the engine stand as well? So pretty much you did 1/2 the job and reinstalled the engine 1/2 done...... :dunno:
I don't follow you. How would I install the starter wires on the stand?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
yes

standard hole :)

·
Registered
373 Posts
That was a question trying to show you that's a stupid place to put **** while your putting your engine in/together......... I know you don't follow very well.....

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Russ Merritt said:
That was a question trying to show you that's a stupid place to put **** while your putting your engine in/together......... I know you don't follow very well.....
Russ, What's with the attitude. Why would you insult me?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.