Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok finnally coded out to 44 according to the book O2 bad, Replaced O2 got 2 PSI boost from the new part, however when cold the sevice light flickers on until I mash the gas pedal then stay's off.Idle is still on the erratic side, and it still seems to be running rich. I ordered a new CAT, hopefully that will fix it. would love anyones opinion on this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by motox6:
Ok finnally coded out to 44 according to the book O2 bad, Replaced O2 got 2 PSI boost from the new part, however when cold the sevice light flickers on until I mash the gas pedal then stay's off.Idle is still on the erratic side, and it still seems to be running rich. I ordered a new CAT, hopefully that will fix it. would love anyones opinion on this.
You are talking about it flickering on off many times a second.. Open your ECM and adjust your chip alittle.
Mine would do that. Turned out to be a corroded contact in the ECM.
I bought 2 of them from "RED" (posts in the parts for sale section) Gots me a spare.
Since it flickers. It would appear your chip is not running the car. The Cal-pack would run it in limp home mode.
If you can get your chip out.
Look at the contacts in the ECM carefully.
I'm thinking it's a safe bet that there is corrosion.

HTH -Matt-
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Okay after start the light flickers once or twice, then stays on until I gas it then it goes out for good. I will try cleaning the contacts on the chip....
 

·
JR still sucks!
Joined
·
5,004 Posts
Originally posted by lucky1:
i just got a 1987 gnx #059,and im in need of a mechanic in phoenix,az a good one that knows about these cars.
http://www.arizonagn.com/


------------------

Supercharged Pontiac Bonneville
87 Turbo T WE4
TA49, CAS V4, SS THDP (Jersey Style), 009s, Red's 93 Chip, XP pump, MM Boost Commander, engine tie strap, adjustable FP regulator, hot wire kit, snubber,K&N cone filter, B&M Super Cooler, Hooker exhaust, KYBs, Air bags, Scanmaster II and Turbo Link, VDO gauges and Kirban braces.
Mobil 1 / Original owner /GSCA member.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,197 Posts
Originally posted by motox6:
Okay after start the light flickers once or twice, then stays on until I gas it then it goes out for good. I will try cleaning the contacts on the chip....
Ok.
If it's doing that then.
I doubt it is a chip/ECM problem.
It doesn't hurt to check the contacts on the Chip/ECM though.
Be careful you don't bend or break them.
Also.
Check your Ign Module Wire harness and make sure it's tight.
TPS sensor connection as well.
Also.
Make sure you have more than 1/4 tank of gas.
Maybe my guage is messed up. But when mine sees 1/4..... She starts gettin' cranky.
Idles like someone through a cam in there with a BIG lift on it.
But. my Check Engine light doesn't come on like yours does.

Still these can help narrow it down maybe.
HTH -Matt-
 

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
Joined
·
18,613 Posts
Originally posted by lucky1:
i just got a 1987 gnx #059,and im in need of a mechanic in phoenix,az a good one that knows about these cars.
Nick Micale is in Phoenix, Here is his web page http://www.arizonagn.com/



------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top