Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two technical questions I would like some assistance on. The first is my T-Type has the factory alarm in it. before about a week ago you would arm the alarm, close the door and the security light would go out after a few seconds. now when I arm it and close the door the light stays on and does not go out. Any thoughts? The other question is I had a new GM oil pan and new neoprene main gaskets installed on my car but the rear of the pan still leaks? did they do somthing wrong? Any help would be great.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Can't help you on the alarm question, I am sure someone will chime in.

The neoprene oil pan (and valve cover) gaskets are horrible. Replace with cork and you will not have any leaks, unless your rear main seal is belching.. :( powersix

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Check the door jamb switches that also run the dome light. Cycle them with your fingers a few times with the door open, just push in and out on both sides of the car drivers and passenger switches.

Then take the key and turn it in the lock in both directions on both sides of the car as it could be the door lock cylinder switches as well.

Might have to take the door panel off to check them.

If not that the theft controller box could be dead but probably not most likely the door switches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts