Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Autometer Sport Comp Elec. FP Gauge, and I'm wondering where is a good place to tap in for fuel pressure. It's an 1/8 pipe thread with and 1/8 to 1/4 adapter if needed. I took a look around the fuel rails with no obvious place to tap in.

The only upgrade to the car so far is a cold air intake.

Thanks, Cory

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
If you remove the Schrader Valve in the end of the fuel rail you can run it off there. I have a "T" on the end of the rail so 1 line is for the guage sender & other is for draining the tank or anything else you like. You must remove the Schrader Valve. Use the $5 tool sold for bike tires-car tires to remove the air valve-pin as they are the same.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do they make a special adapter to the fitting the Schrader valve is in?

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
If you go to someone that sells Nitrous oxide parts they can help you out as the fittings are the same.

AJ___

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
GN Old Timer
90 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Go to JEGS Performance Auto Parts - Holley - Billet Specialties - Edelbrock - MSD - Moroso - Mr Gasket and order:
p/n 555-100532 [-4AN male to -4AN female adapter with 1/8 NPT port] $8.99
p/n 361-592904 [Earl's -4AN Fitting Cap] $3.99

Like Just A Six suggested, unscrew the fuel rail end cap and unscrew the schrader valve pin. Thread the gauge sender into the 1/8 NPT port, attach the end cap to the adapter, thread onto the fuel rail.

Dennis
Do Not under any circumstances use the Earl's or any other cheap aluminum adaptors. My first one lasted 6 months, second one lasted 3 days. I had gasoline dripping out of the adaptor. I was lucky my car didn't catch on fire. Either use John Spina's as noted above or one of these...6565-04-04 | FEMALE JIC SWIVEL x FEMALE JIC SWIVEL ADAPTOR

1 - 8 of 8 Posts