Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently got the Pypes Race Pro catback and Pypes test pipe for my car. Before installing I was thinking about an electric cutout. Any thoughts/recommendations?
I know the two don't usually go together, but a quality part at a cheap/fair price would be best :)

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
Master Plumber
1,030 Posts
cant say , maybe because they are all just junk and will fail sooner or later and he was replacing ones he sold that failed

he carried DMH

the qtp i didnt like and they didnt last on my cars
if you want get the dump pipe and if you have a need to sound like a peice of junk you can remove the cap ...when that gets old you can close it back up

lots cheaper than a 160 dollar electric cutout and the dump cap wont flop open every time you step on the gas and rattle
doc i thought the only reason you had one was to tick off huber's neighbors at night time to get them mad at him. or was it to tick off huber. ..

i never had a problem with mine. i still have a brand new one i bought about a year ago from mark that i will be installing.

i'm sure someone has to make a good quality american-made one. check summit.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
My electric cut out from Mark (DMH) has worked fine for the last 6 plus years. The first batch when he first started selling them had a gear that would melt from the exhaust heat causing it to open when you got on it. DMH fixed this issue and they have been fine since. I use mine all the time love it. I can be loud when I want and quiet when I pull in the garage. :) Coolest trick mod for a street car! :) Welcome to DMH Performance!

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
the 87 ttop has the pypes system and thats really quiet , was nice driving out to carlisle with it , not a peep from the rear of the car ..no drone is nice.

I must be getting old :sw:
You needs some drone Paulie to cover up the clanking of your chasis from the lack of body bushings. I love drone. When I put my 87 GN back together I'll see how that QTP cutout holds up.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm on the fence. I just want my car to sound badass like the rest of you guys haha. I'll have the Pypes system with a test pipe and stock down pipe for now. How will that sound? Will I not get that badass "GN" sound I've heard at meets until I have a 3" down pipe??

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a brand new Pypes "test pipe" to install with my catback. I'd hate to have to buy a whole other pipe with the dump in it. My funds are limited :)
Does anybody sell a dump that I could have welded in the pipe I already have?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I'm sure that there are guys with Dump Pipes collecting dust & would sell a used peice for cheap. Post for one in Parts & if no hits post it on the other board in the Parts Wanted section. :yup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts