Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with experience tuning w/ EGTs? What are the target zones for best performance and how do they relate to just tuning with stock narrowband O2?

I currently have DirecScan but I might be able to get an Autometer 4344 pyrometer for a decent price.

Also, where is the best installation location?

Thanks.

Jireh

·
Registered
169 Posts
There is no relationship between EGT and O2...At WOT your O2 is essentially useless - very inaccurate (just like not at WOT, EGT does little good). For all around tuning/driving both are useful. If mainly tuning for race, the EGT is your better bet.

Target temps vary widely, you have to find what your car likes...suffice it to say between high 1400 and low 1600 should put you in the ball park...tune from there.

Easiest adn best (IMO) is in the area across from the O2 right before the turbo.

·
Premium Member
722 Posts
Sweet spot for me is 1650 thru the lights. Anywhere in the 1400 range is too fat. If you want to tune for 93 octane, tweek the boost for 18 lbs and play with the FP until you get her in the 1600 range on the EGTs. There is alot more to it than that but that will get you going. I also have the Caspers Piezo knock alert which yells really loud when it sniffs knock. HTH

·
Village Idiot
4,813 Posts
I posted a few pointers here

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.