Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I'm about to install my nifty egr block off plate and of course I have lots of questions.

1. Should I just leave the gasket on there or do I use rtv?

2. Do I need to run a bypass vacuum hose past the plate and back to the check valve near the firewall?

I'll think of more questions later.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I would use silicone...clean the surfaces well so it will act as a good glue.

Remove the egr hoses from the circuit and connect the line so it goes to the T at the firewall.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
I put a dab of high temp copper sealant on my finger and skim coated it. And just like Steve said on the hoses. I really liked how it opend the intake up! :)

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
a picture is worth a lot of words! :cheers:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PhillyTurboSix said:
I put a dab of high temp copper sealant on my finger and skim coated it. And just like Steve said on the hoses. I really liked how it opend the intake up! :)

Stop posting that damn picture. You're making all of us look bad.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
Stop posting that damn picture. You're making all of us look bad.
LOL! I can't help it I'm a picture whore :) thank you thank you very much! :elefant: :leg:

ok here is another then :poon:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How in the hell do you keep it that clean? Do you ever drive it?

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
that pig of mine has 94,000 on it! I drive it all over! I found the secret.. powder coat everything!! I take a little detal spray and wipe it down and it comes up like new everytime! The only way to keep these engine bay's clean! :yup: :cheers: :6:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
DDDDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Beautiful! :cheers:

·
Free Door Removal
1,686 Posts
offtopic,

Where do you get that breather for the oil fill hole?

Joe

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
That was from Kirban. I have his on the pass breather as well! :cheers:

·
Registered
732 Posts
That is impressive.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
If your EGR is blocked off, will it cause your SES light to stay on? Mine light is on because of my EGR anyway... Do I really need it? Is there anyway possible for it to still pass emissions? :dunno:

·
dismember
293 Posts
The SES light will come on if your chip allows the ECM to look for the EGR. TurboTweak chips for example, fix that issue when removing the EGR. Also, it may be possible to pass emissions without a EGR by using an emissions chip or other sneaky ways, but I'm not sure because we don't have emissions testing anymore down here in FL. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
because we don't have emissions testing anymore down here in FL
This was the first year without the sniff test in NC- but they still do a visual, so you have to have a cat, and PCV, and EGR, even though they might not work. So, I can block 'em off, but I still have to haul 'em around.

·
Premium Member
6,177 Posts
GrndNatnl said:
You missed a spot, wh0re!
That's impossible! :rant: :D

wmsonta said:
That is impressive.
thanks! Lots of blood sweat and money in that bay! :eek!: :yup: :cheers:

RealestVIN7: 87geeinn hit the nail on the head. Most aftermarket chips the first thing they do is kill the EGR. In PA if your under 5K a year you don't need emissions done on the car. I figure I'll never put that many miles on the car in a year so that's why I took it all off. Just for sh!ts and grins, I was thinking about letting my mech. run the car thru emissions next year just to see how far off it is with the EGR missing and the mods. These cars tend to run really emissions clean! :yup: :cheers:

ah what the heck.. one more pic! :cheers: :6:

·
Registered
97 Posts
where is the chip located in the car? Also, what is the red and black thing on the passenger side valve cover? I have one and have no idea what it is used for becuase the hoses go from one side of it, to the other side of it.

In the picture above, it looks as if a hose goes to the turbo inlet?

·
Not a Democrat any more..
15,681 Posts
red and black thing is the waste gate solenoid ...the chip is located in the ECM at passenger side kick panel

·
Registered
97 Posts
does the waste gate solenoid go to the turbo inlet?

Also, how do you adjust the boost on these cars? Do you turn the bolt on the wastegate, or do you turn the valve attached to the wastegate?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts