Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I had often wondered where Eden was and little did I know I had been through there before(In the middle of the night). We passed through there again today and I made the connection when I saw the sign welcoming visitors and proclaiming it the center of Texas. As we crossed Kelley Creek north on 87 we passed a house with a mid eighties white Cutlass on jackstands, and I couldn't help but wonder if SW had begun to take after Grumpy but was starting with a Cutlass.

Next time I plan through there I'll give you notice Steve(I can call you by your first name Mr. Wood?) and maybe we could buy you a meal at one of the local establishments.

Very nice little town, but I can see why you raise goats as you are out in the middle of no where. There isn't a track I know of within at least 1 1/2-2 hrs drive.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You shoulda stopped. I am about two miles out of Eden on the Brady side of town on 87. If you had come thru about 9 this morning, you would have seen me fixing the fence on the highway. :)

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did see some goats there south of town. I think it was about 5 pm or so. We stayed in Fredericksburg over night at a B&B and are in Midland now at my brother's picking up our children.

I'll pm before we come next time. We will be going back to Arlington to drop the children at my mother's for another week(No kids for three weeks) then they are going to church camp for another week.

·
war is hell
928 Posts
TexasT said:
As we crossed Kelley Creek north on 87 we passed a house with a mid eighties white Cutlass on jackstands, and I couldn't help but wonder if SW had begun to take after Grumpy but was starting with a Cutlass.
you can't see Steve's house from the highway! :cool:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
about 225 mils for me

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I don't know. Bring your scooter over and we shall find the answer.

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Ok, cool. My hometown is Ennis though. I assume that would be closer.

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Not really

·
Legend in my own Mind
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Still in Texas

I would guess 225-250 miles for me. I am near Houston. Up 59 north of Humble and south of Cleveland. My mother lives in Arlington so I'm close a few times a year.

What's a ream? Is it similar to a section?

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Ahh... So are you bored with the forum right now too? It seems to be real slow around here lately. I guess everybody's cars are holding together. :dunno: :D

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
TexasT said:
I would guess 225-250 miles for me. I am near Houston. Up 59 north of Humble and south of Cleveland. My mother lives in Arlington so I'm close a few times a year.

What's a ream? Is it similar to a section?
A ream is a type of job that Zap is applying for.

Houston is about 325 from here....think Humble would be about the same, or a hair more.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts