Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question are these ecms bad about burning up or going bad? I just got the direct scan going last week and i went to get laptop going pulled out the driveway and the car started going to 3000rpm and dying off and starts running right before it goes dead and it does that till it just dies anybody know whats up with my car?thanks guys usa

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
try recleaning the terminal, re connect ds and make sure it is not pushed all the way to the bottom.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok went out and checked my 87 this morning and its running very rich and the scan master is reading
875 at idle i turned the fuel pressure down and then way down it had no effect on the scan master or direct scan it stade around 800-875 i dont know if its the adjustible feul pressure regulater or my new o2 sensor now im stuck i really dont wont to start thoughing parts at it anyone have any ideas? usa uzi silly

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Try unhooking your DS.
Run the car without using it. See what happens then.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried that....its not the DS

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i took the bosch 02 sensor out and put the old ac-delco back in and it quet running rich it went back to 390-450 on the scan what do yall think about that? does bosch suck that bad?

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
a lot of us will use only Delco units...some seem to have good luck on race gas with the Densos.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
who makes Densos? usa

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Denso

Nick Micale sells them (ArizonaGN) and Monarch which you can find online sells them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts