Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished putting on a new turbo, downpipe, and IC. Chk. engine light is not turning on during ignition mode. Orange wire is plugged in and so is battery. I checked all the fuses visually and didnt see anything blown. Any suggestions??????

------------------
CPT65, Cottons IC, ATR 3" DP, RACEgate, 10" 3200, tomka kit. [email protected] 1.60 60' on old setup. New times coming soon.
Central FL GN and T-Type club.
Embry-Riddle Muscle Car
assoc.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Did you reattach the gtround cable when you mounted the turbo?

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
Does the engine crank? Did you have this problem before you added parts listed above?
Checked for power on the orange wire after the connector?

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, new times soon.
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
http://www.modernmusclecar.net

·
Resident Embraer Driver
1,160 Posts
I'm sure we got the the ground cable hooked up, (I'm the partner in crime on this one) I think it might be a crappy batter, we had to jump start the car to put it in the garage to put the parts on, but we put the charger on it all night? not sure.

Joe

------------------
1986 Grand National
TA-49, 009's, Hooker cat back, 3' BGC Downpipe with ported elbow and all the other usual stuff

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
from the info provided, it is hard to tell what is going on.

Does a voltmeter show any voltage across the battery?

Have you checked the fusible links? One of the links provides power to the ecm and a bunch of other stuff.

Do the lights and blower fan work?

Be sure the gages fuse is good.

·
I'm the Best!
14,818 Posts
is the bulb good? i know i gotta change mine.

------------------
Rob
87 GN fully loaded with 85k :(
TA49
Ultra Flow exhaust
Cold air induction
3" DP
T-Link comming soon hopefuly
shooting for low 13's high 12's
kenne belle headers
ATR ram air

http://firebird_1252.tripod.com/1987gn/

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fan works, and so does the headlight. The ground was re-connected to the block. I visiually checked all the fuses, and none of them seemed to be blown. My only guess now is the fuseable links. Which I never had a problem with before. ?!?

------------------
CPT65, Cottons IC, ATR 3" DP, RACEgate, 10" 3200, tomka kit. [email protected] 1.60 60' on old setup. New times coming soon.
Embry-Riddle Muscle Car
assoc.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Does it crank at all???????

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The problem was the fuseable like on the ECM power wire. There was 100% resistance in the link. No voltage was passing thru at all! Only problem now is that the tach in the dash dosent work. I think I can deal with that for now. Thanks guys.

John

------------------
Embry-Riddle Muscle Car
assoc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts