Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pull the e-brake as well as stomping on the foot brake in order to build up boost to launch the car.

Occasionally my E brake use to stick. Now it has gotten to the point where it sticks all the time if I load it up the car while yanking on the the e-brake. If I just use it in the driveway etc. and don't put any load on it it doesn't stick?

I crawled under the car and lubed the cables and attached a new stronger return spring. Same problem. Is this common? Where else can I look? Where can this thing be catching?

In order to un stick it I put the car in reverse and pop the hand brake a few times it seems to always come un stuck.

Anyone have similar problems?

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe not e-brake help, but a method of launching your car.

Here's the way I launched my GN powered 240Z:

1) I would stage with just enough brake pressure to hold the car still
2) Next, I would hold my line lock button in and pump the brakes so all the brake pressure would go to the rear brakes. **I was able to hold 18PSI of boost with drum brakes using a Chevy 12bolt rear.**
3) When you have enough line pressure, while holding the brake peddle down, release line lock button.
4) Build BOOOSSSTTT, Hold on, and get ready to launch!!

This may be a good tip for anyone that has a line lock and launches off a foot brake. Also helps to be the first to stage too. Good Luck.

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I launch off the handbrake and have not had any problems with the brakes hanging. I did make a mod to my handbrake because occassionally I would release the button too soon and end up launching with the handbrake partially up :rant: . I pushed and held the button in and then drilled and pinned the ratcheting lever to keep the button in. This disables the ratchet so I can just pull up the handle and push it down without using the release button. Of course this essentially disables the handbrake so give it a 2nd thought if you want to do this. Not a problem in FL for the most part.

Keith,

your launch technique is neat but might not work in the FC. The FC has 2 seperate front brake lines coming out of the MC so I put the line-loc (in reverse) in the rear brake line. This obviously requires a different technique. I engage the line-loc then hit and hold the brakes, do the burnout then release the brake and line-loc. Engaging the line-loc blocks pressure from getting to the rear brakes leaving it unlocked for the burnout and holding the footbrake only locks the front wheels.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Scott,

This is remedied by using 2 line lock solenoids (one for each wheel) in the front of the FC. Really the only way to do it (It works). I believe the newer Mustangs or F-bodies use the same technique.

Sorry for hijacking your thread VxTurboxV. Do you have a line lock on your car? If not, have you considered using one? This would be beneficial not only in helping you in the burnout box, but may also provide you with another way of launching your car as I did.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
TurboZV6 said:
Scott,

This is remedied by using 2 line lock solenoids (one for each wheel) in the front of the FC. Really the only way to do it (It works). I believe the newer Mustangs or F-bodies use the same technique.

Sorry for hijacking your thread VxTurboxV. Do you have a line lock on your car? If not, have you considered using one? This would be beneficial not only in helping you in the burnout box, but may also provide you with another way of launching your car as I did.
Sounds interesting, do you just buy standard Line Lock sols. from summit?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts