Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the dyno

all runs were almost identical. With my 8psi wg spring I couldn't get anymore than 18psi and didn't want to push it much more than on straight pump gas.

Very happy with the results of 490.2 Rwhp and 556.6 Rwtq

Stays above 420hp from 4000rpm on and the power band looks great.

Have to finish up some things and it's back to the drag strip for some new numbers!

Will post pictures and a video soon.

Brandon.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
Great job with the tune. XFI or 6.0 chip?

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I forgot you're running coil on plug. Have you asked Bison when that 6131 runs out of breath? He chimed in on my thread on the other board about the limit for my turbo.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Dyno

Just got back from the dyno

all runs were almost identical. With my 8psi wg spring I couldn't get anymore than 18psi and didn't want to push it much more than on straight pump gas.

Very happy with the results of 490.2 Rwhp and 556.6 Rwtq

Stays above 420hp from 4000rpm on and the power band looks great.

Have to finish up some things and it's back to the drag strip for some new numbers!

Will post pictures and a video soon.

Brandon.

Great numbers Brandon.:cheers:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm guessing soon. If I ever hook up this alky kit I will find out the limit on power. I think it has a bit left in it but maybe 30-40whp tops. I'm at the limit for sure on pump gas now.

Adding fuel lowered power by 5whp removing timing lower power by 5whp any more spark or leaning it knocked slightly.

I do notice when driving I can push it a bit more. My IAT stay lower and I never run into any knock.(intercooler air flow) I was starting to think my knock sensor wasn't working.

Brandon.

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
You dragged as much as you could out of it...congrats! Great numbers for pump gas. I'm impressed with that 6131. Let Bison know.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
Good numbers Brandon. Definitely hook up that alky kit. If you got Razor's dual nozzle kit it's a great piece. My street tune with alky @ 24psi makes 758rwhp with no knock. My dyno runs from pump gas and alky to race fuel at the same boost level......... the alky makes more power. :headbang:

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya mike after today's little test I'll be finishing up the alky kit. It's pretty much already installed I just need to wire in the map sensor wire and drill the intercooler pipe. Just for an idea do you know how much power you made on your old 109? I know I'm not near it but just wondered for mph reference in a full weight car.

Norbs the sheet reads in mph but from the log it basicly hits peak power at 5400 and doesn't drop off till we let out at 6100 RPM

·
Registered
637 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what is your setup like? Nice power brother!

·
Turbo Buick Noob...
61 Posts
Nice pull, that's impressive!!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bison says the turbine will start to cause a backpressure issue soon.

I finished installing the alky kit today and filled her up. Hopefully will get some tuning in later this week.

The combo is rods, pistons, girdled 109. Aluminum heads all boltons, roller cam, 2800 PTC, 200R4, Fast XFI etc. Car is now lightened up for this season. Finishing up some small details and will be hitting the track again soon.

Brandon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts