Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.I have saved a DS file on a floppy and want to be able to post it.I'm stuck at the part where the computer asks what program I wanted to open it with.And where do I go from there(once I open it with the correct program) to be able to post it or email it.TIA dunno

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've never used DS, but this sounds more like a file manipulation problem. If you have the DS output file on a disk already. Half the works already done. You don't have to doubleclick it or even open it to upload it to an email or web page. Treat it like a document or zip file. If you need to e-mail it, use the attachment button or link depending on what you use for email. The select the file on the floppy and it will upload (faster if you copy the file to your hard drive). I don't know where else you planned on posting it. If it's to a website, you'd have to follow the instructions for uploading files to that specific place. . .

Benny

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Depending on how DS was installed on your machine, there might not be an option in the "Open With" dialog box to select the DS program. If this is the case, launch DS and select File Menu, then Load Buffer and use the DS file manager screen to navigate your way to the A: drive and select the file.

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Your email should ask you for the file to attach.

Just point to the A drive when in the email attachment screen and select the unopened Direct Scan file.

You shouldn't have to actually open the file with anything to attach it to an email.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok,I opened the file with Wordpad and it came up.But it was written in some weird script or dialog of some kind.Is this right?The only reason I wanted to open it was to see if it was saved properly.I did however attach it to an email I sent to BOB at bmcomputers so he can post it on his site.Thanks for the help guys.Am I on the right track here? dunno

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Yes you can't read it with wordpad.

If you attached the direct scan file and not some wordpad saved version you will be fine. :) yup

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to all powersix .I think I got the hang of this now...... yup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts