Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm probalby going to purchase dual fans, and I like some comments and opinions. I was looking at the Flex-a-lite 220 which goes for $209.00 at Summit and a new harness from either Racetronix or Caspers. Ractronix and Caspers harnesses separately are each about $70.00 I was also looking at Gbodyparts dual fans with Caspers harness for $165.00. Don't know why Brians is so cheap.

http://www.gbodyparts.com/advanced_...+fans&osCsid=c1ee465e31b68084cf6e51f011c5f0c2

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=FLX-220&N=115&autoview=sku

·
Registered
16 Posts
Dual Fans

I purchased the dual fans from gbody with the adapter $125.00 plus shipping. Had to make a couple of L brackets and cut the tabs off the sides and dropped rite in. Works great.
Just my 2 cents worth.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Get the Racetronix harness. It's all teflon coated mil spec wiring. All terminals are crimped and soldered. He's the only guy I know that solders EVERYTHING. Most of the other stuff I have seen is just crimped. Some even use cheapo no name terminals. Racetronix is Number 1. I have everything they carry for the GN and swear by their stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
chrisgarrett46 said:
Don't know why Brians is so cheap.
Maybe the real question should be why is summit so expensive? :dunno:

I have had great results with evey new and used product I have ordered from gbody while redoing my GN over the last 5 months and I'm really looking forward to getting one of his new down pipes this week! :headbang:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys. I ordered the set up from Brian at gbodyparts.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The big issue that everyone seems to overlook is the stock relay is not designed to handle the current of dual high speed fans. Those adapters will simply "make it work". There is a difference between (Not being critical here so please don't take offence) installing parts and installing them correctly. The harness will make them "work" but not reliably. Sooner or later it will kill that stock relay. Now you will have to find one of those discontinued relays and be in the same boat you were before. It will "work". I am all about reliability, I can jump in my car right now and take it across the country without worrying about a thing. Spend the 75 bucks and get a proper dual fan relay system that will take the load off the stock relay. That is a sure fire way for a long lasting proper modification. :headbang:

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
For relays, the only answer is Geniune Bosch.

If you want to collect a sampling of the *ice cube* relays, and pry them apart you'll see why. The Bosch is the only one that uses a *strap* to connect the contacts on the *bar* to the wire post. All the others just use the hinge to make the connection.

Partsexpress.com, ie Mendleson's in Dayton OH, usually has them and relay holders dirt cheap.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Yes there is varrying construction with the relays for sure. You will not however have very good corrosion resistance with open terminals, even if you have covered spade terminals. Some of the better kits (Racetronix) have all MIL spec teflon wiring and Mil spec relays. For 75 bucks, install it and it's done forever. Don't re-invent the wheel just to save 10 bucks. :dunno: :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts