Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got My entire front suspension rebuilt with Belltech 2" drop spindles and a 96" WS 6 sway bar(8lbs lighter). I also had poly bushings put in my lower trailing arms after I had them boxed. Man, does in handle great!! The problem is, when I go over a bump the tire rubs the top of the wheel well, and a couple of the fender bolts at the top of the lip. The springs are new and haven't settled yet so it may get even lower. The one side is about 3/4 of an inch lower. I'm hopeing once they break in they will even out. Should I get Billsteins for the front? Will this make it a really harsh ride? I guess I kinda knew it was gonna come to this. I was just in denial. Any help/ suggestions would be great.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Just raise the front fender wells ??!?! Imagine a GN hood with 2 humps in it for tire clearance

------------------

Stock Block, Stock Cam, PTE-52, Champion Heads, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3680# with Driver
12.0 @ 116.5mph w/20psi using 17.9* timing

mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It may come to that. I was hopeing for somthing a little simpler.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
What springs did you use with your drop? Stock replacements may be a little too soft. Might wanna try some stiff-as-hell Moog springs. My guess is that someone knows good numbers for this application.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I bought my stock replacement springs from Moog. They are just the regular spring, nothing special. At this point, I don't know what to do!

·
Fuhgeddaboudit
18,613 Posts
With a drop setup you will need stiffer springs as said above and shocks like Bilsteins. But this will be a harsh ride and look and handle great. You were concerned about harsh ride. If so, This setup is not for you.

------------------
ED BAKER
87-T-TYPE, PT54,MSD50's,Crane Billet Roller,JE forged20over,P&P Heads,Manley valves,Hemco 65mm& Acu65TB,V2 FM, P.I.9.5 -7disc,Jimmys Trans, [email protected] boost.10's soon
93 PARK AVE"SUPERCHARGED"
67RS/SS350 CAMARO
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I think that I'm going to lower my car soon, then use airbags for clearance with taller slicks at the track.

As far as lowering goes, it would appear to me that you'd get a better camber curve for a street car with shortened springs as opposed to drop spindles. Now if you upgrade to B-Body spindles, this is no the case. Doubt I will go that route though, if I want bigger brakes down the road I think I'll just get Baers...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had a similiar problem when I put 245-60's on the front of an '84 T I used to have. I took the bolts out of the inner fender at the top, and no more problem. Try taking the bolts out and it may give you just enough clearance. At least you'll stop tearing up your tires on those bolts!

------------------
Dean P.
'82 Regal "sportwaGN" in progress
'00 Camaro SS

·
Registered
790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think I might be going with the Caprice spindles and Eibach springs. Anybody have any comments on this idea? I think I will upgrade to bilstein shocks as well. Will the Caprice spindles give me any problems? Will the brakes fit behind my stock T rims? Any suggestions at all will be greatly appreciated!! Thanks guys! Live and learn.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts