Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
whew...i GOTTA get 2 sets of those !! eek!

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Usually the people making claims like that have never even seen a drag strip.

I remember one year at the Turkey Rod Run (very large car show at the Daytona International Speedway) a guy was trying to sell me his new wax product and he swore that once the car is waxed with this stuff the guys drag racing were going .2 faster ! What an idiot. ugh

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Orlando_87GN:

I remember one year at the Turkey Rod Run (very large car show at the Daytona International Speedway) a guy was trying to sell me his new wax product and he swore that once the car is waxed with this stuff the guys drag racing were going .2 faster ! What an idiot. ugh
Well if that wax was that hard to use I wouldn't want it anyway....I mean it would have to make you lose 200lbs from all the work applying and removing it!!!!!!! eek!

Now I do believe that a clean waxed car does run faster than the same car dirty and unwaxed but not .2 :rolleyes:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Nasty Wendy:
Orlando_87GN:

Well if that wax was that hard to use I wouldn't want it anyway....I mean it would have to make you lose 200lbs from all the work applying and removing it!!!!!!! eek!

Now I do believe that a clean waxed car does run faster than the same car dirty and unwaxed but not .2 :rolleyes:
Where?! @ 300+mph?

·
Registered
116 Posts
What is the drag coeff of the buick front end - with/without covers??
Does anyone know where I can get a pedophillia downpipe?

<small>[ June 25, 2003, 05:27 PM: Message edited by: GNJIM2 ]</small>

·
Registered
80 Posts
The covers won't do crap!!!

The biggest effect on areodynamics is frontal area, and it is increased when you have big holes in it that catches air, like our big grill! The grill area is our biggest problem.

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: CraigT ]</small>

·
Registered
116 Posts
Take it easy man...
this is a "light" subject.

·
Registered
609 Posts
well i just took my front headlight covers off permately,i bought a front bra instead .the bra seems to keep the front end down on the ground better than before. :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts