Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Scottie,
That piece is what I'm lookin for.
Do you have a contact # for Terry Houston?
Paul

------------------
1972 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
A while ago there was a link to some pictures of a downpipe flange with puck and a shorty pipe for those who wanted to fabricate their own downpipe. I don't know if it was a PTE product or not. Anybody remember this post? I Can't seem to find it.
Thanks,
Paul

------------------

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
Paul,

depending on your budget, you might want to look at the THDP for the TTA. The DP makes a sharper turn off the turbo than the Regal unit and should provide the necessary clearance. The piece off the turbo is about 6" long after it makes the turn. I spoke to him about it and if I recall he wanted $165+ for the SS piece.

I was seriously considering it because I was having horrible spoolup problems with my PTE-51 and 3" BGC elbow. My 60' went from 1.63 to 2.03. I just installed the Max Effort chip and without changing anything, the 275 BFG DRs now leave over 30' stripes with a 6# launch and only 14# boost. Damn, I am excited

Do not look beyond a ported stock elbow with a 3" DP & exhaust. Derek Grubb is running mid-10s @ 130 with that combo on a PTE-52 in his 240Z.

------------------

Scottie's GNZ

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scottie,
I was thinking of porting my elbow then I saw this, http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/turbo/JTDP.html
and thought why not start with a proper flange and puck arrangement and fabricate from there. Any pics of the TH TTA setup?

Sounds like the MaxEffort thumbwheel is really waking up your car up

Paul

------------------

1 - 5 of 5 Posts