Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone "fabbed" their own double pumper yet?...Full Throttle shows a "y" fitting which appears to be whats req'd.I fabbed my own double pumper years ago but a check valve was req'd with the old style Gss242 pumps.Does anyone no if the 340/307 internal check valve is sufficient to stop fluid "backflow"? Any feedback is a good thing. Thanks Wayne :6:

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
I made my own double pumper. However I am using a -8 line to the front of the car and stock feed line for the return. I have to say that I believe a check valve would help me. It takes 3-4 key cycles once the system has bled down to prime it. Of course that is a 1/2" line I am filling so go figure. If I were going to use a check valve, it would be external after the pumps and before the filter. Parker makes some; just have not taken the time to figure it out yet.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The purpose of the check valve in my mind was to assure that one pump would not be pumping fuel on the path of least resistance,back passed the check valve of the other pump.In your case I also see the point of reducing bleed down of your .5" fuel line.My concern was that I would be able to use a 340/307 with its own internal check valve to stop the system from pumping back through the other pumps check valve while that pump is not running.

·
It's me, really
1,892 Posts
From what I hear since I have not seen one is that Quad Air's double pumper connector is a copper tubing "T" on top of both pumps. Theoretically that would have one pump pushing against the other's check valve. Lots of people run Quad Air's dp and no one complains so the check valve issue must be moot. Haven't used moot in a sentence for a long time, ha.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts