Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a new in box Alky kit, I thought I'd ask around before I pay Gbody parts.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My Buick is at 18 psi and drives very well. I'm not buying it to cure anything but I do notice that maybe my tuning chip is not the best chip for my setup. Around 2nd and 3rd hear at 80 km's if I drop it to the floor my knock gauge starts to light so I lift. I have a Powerlogger on the way from Gbodyparts... Cant wait to share my findings with everyone.

I've basicly heard that Alky is a saftey net for detenation. I wanna play it safe and keep her around 20 psi once I get the Kit and maybe once I'm good with that I'll bring it up again.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
My Buick is at 18 psi and drives very well. I'm not buying it to cure anything but I do notice that maybe my tuning chip is not the best chip for my setup. Around 2nd and 3rd hear at 80 km's if I drop it to the floor my knock gauge starts to light so I lift. I have a Powerlogger on the way from Gbodyparts... Cant wait to share my findings with everyone.

I've basicly heard that Alky is a saftey net for detenation. I wanna play it safe and keep her around 20 psi once I get the Kit and maybe once I'm good with that I'll bring it up again.
Excellent.

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
You won't stay at 20 for long. :yup:

Get on the phone with Eric @ Turbo-Tweak right away. Install the kit and the chip burned for it on the same day. :yup:

I'd start a little lower and creep up from there.

Knock gauges are unreliable at best. Never owned one myself.

Start saving for a wide-band gauge and get that next.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Meh I know the knock gauge is unrelibale and what ever.. it seems like its more of a stresser then anything.

Okay my next question for you Turbo Buick vets is of course a power estimate.

So lets say for my setup I have 42 lb injectors TE44 Turbo Stock downpipe for now but I'm getting a 3" very soon. The powerlogger and the proper chip to run 22psi of boost and the Alky kit and walbro and hotwire kit to supply the fuel demands???:6:

What kinda power and 1/4miles could a setup like that bring to the table??

BTW: Its snowing.... Is it june next month or what?:eek:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Most of us don't like to guess. there are far too many variables.

Your turbo is able to bring you deep into the 11s however there is far more involved in that than just making power.

My suggestion is get your tune safe and go to the track. you need to walk before you can run.

You have to get some seat time, learn you're car, learn how much boost to leave with, there are a ton of variables.
You basically have to tune the entire car.
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
parts

Hey Jr. i just threw out a bunch of buick parts and a smc alky kit just needs the pump even has the up pipe if you what the stuff come and get it or its going for scrap also two grills, radio ,alum chrome inlet pipe, and some other stuff.Free.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Grill

i be interested in the grill please dont throw out
Come and get them if you what them, one's a 86 grill and the other is a chrome one and i have some other sh!t to get rid of, soon there will be a lot of stuff for sale,Getting out of the Black money loser pit and the people around them.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts