Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone contacts you and wants to buy something so you respond to all the questions,send the pictures,lower the price, take the car off jack-stands, go put gas in it,re-clean it,call the insurance company,stay home from work cause you think he's coming,haul the extra wheels from the basement,ect.......

Then he does'nt return your e-mails and never showed up.:rant:

At least have enough class to tell me you changed your mind.:mad:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
ahhhhh "Window Lickers" :rolleyes:

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
HAhahaa... yeah, been there. Stop advertising on Kijiji; too many "ham an' eggers" beating down your door to waste your time.

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Someone contacts you and wants to buy something so you respond to all the questions,send the pictures,lower the price, take the car off jack-stands, go put gas in it,re-clean it,call the insurance company,stay home from work cause you think he's coming,haul the extra wheels from the basement,ect.......

Then he does'nt return your e-mails and never showed up.:rant:

At least have enough class to tell me you changed your mind.:mad:
Thats why I keep them:wink:Seriously when I had my car for sale I put this in the add.
No strokers,jokers,men that have to ask their wives or people on meds need apply:yup:.If that doesn't keep them away then you are entiltled to hit them over the head with a small hammer:crazy:

Kevin

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
He's a member here.
Unlike the Old Days, being a member here now doesn't mean all that much! :crazy:
Good Luck with the sale.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Real member or fake?
Lots of those new guys upping the "member counts" lately!
I guess I'm getting Old & Crusty but back in 88-93 it was different!! :yup:
You didn't buy a car for $3K & play Internet Cowboy!! :wink:

·
Registered
13,053 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
That's such a nice car......I would of thought that car would have sold a long time ago. I bought Ul Luze car.......I called him, we talked, agreed about a price,set a date, I was there on time.....maybe 30 minutes late but i texted him to tell him that. The car was exactly what Dan said.....gave him the agreed price and I was off back to Belleville. The way two MEN should conduct business and to the guy who wasted your time:frech:

·
Registered
98 Posts
That's such a nice car......I would of thought that car would have sold a long time ago. I bought Ul Luze car.......I called him, we talked, agreed about a price,set a date, I was there on time.....maybe 30 minutes late but i texted him to tell him that. The car was exactly what Dan said.....gave him the agreed price and I was off back to Belleville. The way two MEN should conduct business and to the guy who wasted your time:frech:
Happens all the time. Even more so since the economy has slowed down, but, there are only so many really good cars out there. I love the guys that try to compare a car that is already here in Canada to one advertised in the States. Fill your boots buddy & go buy it. They seem to forget about the exchange rate, cost of fuel,hotel, food, shipping, border, 72 hour waiting period and taxes. That and what do you do when you travel a thousand miles to try and save a grand and find the guy that is trying to vend the car may have a different catagory of mint than you do.
I`ve had a guy playing on one of my cars, meh done talking with him. It`s just a game with some people. Be backers & time wasters.

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I still am amazed that this car has'nt sold. I've lowered the price to what should be a steal. When I add up all that I've done to it, it makes me cry.

Not like most that need thousands spent on them to fix issues. Every time I do drive it people tell me how nice it is. It burns the tires all the way through second gear from a roll.

I really think the problem is that it's a limited that just looks like a 305 regal with nice wheels. I bought it because it's different. Should paint it black.:dunno:

·
Fairly Crazy
997 Posts
I still am amazed that this car has'nt sold. I've lowered the price to what should be a steal. When I add up all that I've done to it, it makes me cry.

Not like most that need thousands spent on them to fix issues. Every time I do drive it people tell me how nice it is. It burns the tires all the way through second gear from a roll.

I really think the problem is that it's a limited that just looks like a 305 regal with nice wheels. I bought it because it's different. Should paint it black.:dunno:
Never, that car is insanely beautiful. Just gotta wait for the right buyer. I had a white/grey Typhoon... holy hell, I must've had a dozen emails asking why I wanted $10k for an old Jimmy... or people educating me on Typhoons and how they only came in black :rolleyes:

Long story short, several months later... dude in Ottawa emails me, offers me 8500 for it and sold.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Never, that car is insanely beautiful. Just gotta wait for the right buyer. I had a white/grey Typhoon... holy hell, I must've had a dozen emails asking why I wanted $10k for an old Jimmy... or people educating me on Typhoons and how they only came in black :rolleyes:

Long story short, several months later... dude in Ottawa emails me, offers me 8500 for it and sold.
That is exactly it in this market. You have to be patient. Everything eventually sells. Never mind the time wasters & don't do anything until someone actually shows up. I get the same guys asking less than educated questions about my 89 TTA. At the end of the day, we still have nice cars and the looky loos do not. Like everything else, the market will evenutally improve and the classic G bodies seem to be gaining in popularity.

·
Why have one ?
5,676 Posts
Happens all the time. Even more so since the economy has slowed down, but, there are only so many really good cars out there. I love the guys that try to compare a car that is already here in Canada to one advertised in the States. Fill your boots buddy & go buy it. They seem to forget about the exchange rate, cost of fuel,hotel, food, shipping, border, 72 hour waiting period and taxes. That and what do you do when you travel a thousand miles to try and save a grand and find the guy that is trying to vend the car may have a different catagory of mint than you do.
I`ve had a guy playing on one of my cars, meh done talking with him. It`s just a game with some people. Be backers & time wasters.

real niche market for these cars...you either get it or don't get it . have a real nice old Camaro or GTO , Nova for sale . it would be a whole new ball game . It is actually quite easy to bring a car into Canada from the States .and you have to pay the same tax (HST) based on the purchase price regardless . even with additional cost , there is no way in hell I could of got the same car for what it cost me to bring the one I have up . you have a greater selection and bringing a nice car up from the states was always on my "bucket list" . personally I dont like to buy local "known" cars no matter how good of a deal it maybe..but thats just me :) . I looked at a ton of over priced "fixed up/restored" Canadian rust buckets and Barett Jackson dreamers over the last 3+ years within a 200+ mile radius of Toronto . and that included cars other than Buick turbo V6's :) so IMO ...if you do your homework and with some luck . you can stretch your dollar with a greater selection on a collector car purchase from the states based on the current economy and currency rate . But .. there are good deals to be had for someone not interested in going that route ...such as 1 Rare T's car . :) it all depends on what your looking for or what your willing to do .

·
cakefarts.com
821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My pecker hurts. :rolleyes:

It keeps getting pulled on from guys just looking to expand thier picture collection. I have hrs invested in send pics and e-mails with every detail only to not get any further responce. Nothing in the description is negative.

What more do they want? Put gas in and go. Don't have to work on it or spend a ****-load of money to fix it up. I already did that.

How about I pay you to take it? Name your price.:cool:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
My pecker hurts. :rolleyes:

It keeps getting pulled on from guys just looking to expand thier picture collection. I have hrs invested in send pics and e-mails with every detail only to not get any further responce. Nothing in the description is negative.

What more do they want? Put gas in and go. Don't have to work on it or spend a ****-load of money to fix it up. I already did that.

How about I pay you to take it? Name your price.:cool:
Mike,

Either keep and enjoy the hell out of that car or else put it back to stock and sell it as a stocker and sell all of the aftermarket parts.

For some reason us Buick guys want a stock car so that we can put too much money and time into it just to make it into what your car already is. :crazy:

If I had a Limited I was trying to sell it, I would probably return it to stock, right down to the stock air box,and list it like that. Then after the car is sold you can watch the new owner make posts on the various Buick Boards looking for parts so that it will go faster and he will be looking for the EXACT same parts that are already on your car.... the same car that guy isn't buying right now.

No one ever said Buick guys were overly intelligent. :D :yup: :cheers:

Good luck with your sale, I am sure once Spring gets here if you are still interested in selling the car that it will go then.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts