Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going Tuesday morning. :headbang:

Got my trusty 9' fly rods and triggerspin reels ready to hunt Sac-a-lait......or as some of you northerners call them 'Crappie'. :headbang:

Good thing about South Louisiana is that there are always fish to catch.

Hey Zap if you come I promise I won't hit you in the face with my Ugly Stick.......that would be needless. :D

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
NW,
I'm a big fisherman as well :D, I go upstate NY for Salmon every year :yup:. Last year I caught a 41 lb Steel Head :yup:

·
Full Head Of Hair!!!!
4,347 Posts
Zap fishes for Cinder Blocks :D

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went fishing for Cindy Black once......caught her too. :poon:

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gnat352 said:
NW,
I'm a big fisherman as well :D, I go upstate NY for Salmon every year :yup:. Last year I caught a 41 lb Steel Head :yup:
Steel Head? :confused: WTF is that? Never pulled one of those out of Louisiana waters. :dunno: Never the less a 41lb fish is a hell of a catch. :yup: ......regardless of what his head is made of.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
Steel Head is what New Jersey's swingin' anglers cast their bait for. :headbang:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Troll with a gray ghost. :yup:

·
Registered
732 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:

Got my trusty 9' fly rods and triggerspin reels ready to hunt Sac-a-lait......or as some of you northerners call them 'Crappie'. :headbang:

Good thing about South Louisiana is that there are always fish to catch.

Hey Zap if you come I promise I won't hit you in the face with my Ugly Stick.......that would be needless. :D
You know, I thought you needed to increase your medication, I now see you are from La. I lived in Sulphur La for 18 mos, I now understand.

What are you going to use to catch fish. You people eat bait.

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I use
hollow body tubes on 1/32 and 1/16 jig heads
grass shrimp
Canadian Night Crawlers :canada:
crawfish
shiners
crickets

I'm gonna have the grass shrimp and night crawlers along with the artificial stuff on this up coming trip.

Sulfer eh....I've been through there. :yup:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
You are getting as desperate as Boid for posting topics. :crazy:

Just send $200 to Mike like I did and he will add 20,000 counts to your post count.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I caught this one just a couple of months ago... Actually it took 3 of us to get it on the boat. Caught it at around 250' of water and it took about 50 minutes to pull it to the surface. We thought we landed a sub or something.

Golden Amberjack
5'
97 lbs

Attachments

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Had a nice relaxing fishing trip. Drank a few beers, told a few lies, you know general BS. :cool:

Any way the catch was 22 keepers.....10 Sac-a-lait (black crappie), 1 Blue Gill, 11 catfish. Couldn't find a good spot, had to move around a lot catching 1 or 2 here and there.

·
Neigbours r sleeping?
486 Posts
Nasty Wendy said:

Well sounds like you had fun.

By the way that would be a real waste of a good fishing pole, you might have broke it hitting him.

Later AJ :)

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Wendy,

Post some pics of your catch.

Here is a pic of the last time I went fishing (late March of this year), I kept 30 nice sized Yellow Perch between 8.5" and 12"!!! I probably threw back 15 or 20 small Perch less than 8". I fished for about 45 or 50 minutes after work one day, I just walked out on the ice, drilled a hole and apparently I was in a VERY good spot.

Attachments

·
Defender of the Universe
10,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I don't have a camera right now. :(

I fish in Lake Des Allemands.

·
Registered
1,693 Posts
I go bass fishing just about every weekend all year long.
I live within 100 miles of some of the best bass fishing lakes in the country, Sam Rayburn, Toledo Bend, Lake Fork but seldom go to them but fish the local lakes more.
I have caught 2 - 11.5 bass but that has been along time ago.
I used to spend all my money on fishing equipment but now spend it on car parts.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts