Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm ready to order items right now and i'm looking in SUMMITT catalogue ,they sell autometer gauges white background and i need to know do i order the VACUUM/BOOST GAUGE or the BOOST GAUGE ONLY gauge? i was wandering if i should buy these style gauges or get electronic ones for night time use too,what do you think?oh yea do i buy 2 5/8 or the smaller 2 3/16 or 1/8 for the POSTON SOLD console gauge holders?thanks :confused:

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 11:43 AM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

·
Registered
226 Posts
i use 2 1/16 phantoms in my car.can read them perfectly....even at night.i only know of one company that makes a guage holder that holds the 2 5/8 guages.

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Zap:
The only thing I can add is to get a gauge with "Boost" side readings to 30 psi. Many Boost\Vac combo gauges only read to 20 psi on the boost side.
Lies! :mad: Ok, maybe there is some truth to it. I have an autometer that reads 0-30psi and reads 0-30 in*Hg. So if your gauge reads vacuum, it should have a zero and read on both sides of the scale.

P.S. If you want to know how to put your car up on blocks, Zaps the expert! wink

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts
I have a brand new 30lb VDO 2 1/16" boost guage still in the box (mechanical) $40

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i guess i'll go with the larger 2 5/8 since it's not much more .i want to get the same maker for all the gauges just to look uniform.thanks for all the insight ,i appreciate it. :)

<small>[ June 26, 2003, 08:50 PM: Message edited by: white shadow ]</small>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts