Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IM ABOUT TO TRY OUT MY DIRECT SCAN THIS AFTERNOON.
HOW IS THIS SUPPOSED TO HELP ME TOON MY GN? usa uzi silly uzi silly

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I like it because it records my passes and I can play the back in the pits and see all the readings are .Shows trouble codes,were the tranny is shifting,o2 readings, temp,mas readings.I store them and name each pass .Eveything I adjust ,I punch the info(boost,fuel#)and i compare the passes .Still getting the hang of it and I have it set so after my burnout I hit the space bar and it starts to record the pass. A couple time I forgot. dunno

·
Registered
103 Posts
FWIW,Make sure the tabs where the ECM mates to the DS ribbon is fully stripped of the clear lacquer.Also try not to push the ribbon in all the way as it will cause your readings to be inaccurate or you'll get the famous 'hardware timed out'error.Good luck.HTH...

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I figured out how to use the direct scan and save my information on my laptop. Now how do I save it to a disk. When I save each pass do I need to save them under the a: drive? So that way I can put a 3 1/2 floppy in the drive and save it on there? I have no idea!!!!! dunno Help Me!!!! LOL

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Initially I would store them all on the C drive which is default within the direct scan directory on your laptop.

Then simply use winders drag and drop or send to command to toss the files to a floppy if you need to transport them or use them on another computer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts