Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am trying to get my DS to work, but when its hooked up in the car it is saying DS hardware could not be found.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
charleslong said:
Hey guys, I am trying to get my DS to work, but when its hooked up in the car it is saying DS hardware could not be found.
The edge car connector on the ecm needs to be perfectly clean. The covering is clear and hard to see, it's easy not to get it clean enough.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doc1of7 said:
The edge car connector on the ecm needs to be perfectly clean. The covering is clear and hard to see, it's easy not to get it clean enough.
ok, so it wont work if the connection between the computer and the DS hardware isnt connected perfectly?
Thanks
Charles

·
Never ending process!
2,288 Posts
Bruce is dead on...I ended up pulling the covering off of my ecm and scrubbing it gently with a scotchbrite pad and q-tips with nail polish remover

·
Registered
29 Posts
I recently picked up a GN and it came with DS. I found that running DS over DOS, and not running a DOS prompt from a newer windows OS, cleared up a bunch or strange behaviors within DS. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
charleslong said:
ok, so it wont work if the connection between the computer and the DS hardware isnt connected perfectly?
Thanks
Charles
perfectly clean! And it has to be run thru DOS. I use a DOS boot disk I downloaded.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Steve Wood said:
perfectly clean! And it has to be run thru DOS. I use a DOS boot disk I downloaded.
Do you use DOS boots when walking amongst the goats?...

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Why, of course, I do! :confused:

·
Registered
6,105 Posts
Steve Wood said:
Steve, are able to run DS on Window XP with the dos boot?

I found this:
http://www.bootdisk.com/

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I have 2000 PRO on my laptop. Works perfectly. Far as I know, it works the same with xp. I use that disk.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I cleaned the connectors of and then discovered that the car needed to be running in order for the hardware to be seen. :D There was a ton of glyptal on the connector before I had cleaned it.
It is now working, thanks for the help.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Who sells DS?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks Charles.

·
Registered
332 Posts
charleslong said:
Hey guys, thanks for the replies, I cleaned the connectors of and then discovered that the car needed to be running in order for the hardware to be seen. :D There was a ton of glyptal on the connector before I had cleaned it.
It is now working, thanks for the help.
The car does not have to be running----just put the key in the ignition on position. HTH, Brian

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks fuelie6.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Conley's performance plus sells them as well. Right there in Houston with Kent for fast turn around and service if there is a problem :)

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Thanks Steve. More data may help me ID my problem. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts