Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've just started to enjoy my car as I just got it running recently. I have noticed though that my digital dash keeps resetting itself everytime I start the car. My trip odometer is back to zero and on Metric units. Does anyone know what is causing this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Generally, as I recall, it is usually a low battery that drops voltage excessively when starting, or a bad connection to the digital portion of the dash.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'll check the connection. As for the battery it's new and measures 12.5+ on my meter so that checks out. To check the connection I guess i will be taking apart the dash and then I'll figure things out from there. Thanks Steve.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Also check the main feed on the back of the alternator to the batt., mine was loose and did the exact same thing.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
The digital part of the dash is easy to pull. I had a Limited with a digital dash briefly that did this, and I don't remember what I found, but it was easy.

I suggest calling John Spina at Caspers and asking him for pointers as he really knows these dashes....as we said, it usually seems to be something with a bad connection that causes a voltage drop.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.