Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed while doing a burnout this weekend my back brakes do not seem to be fully releasing after setting the line lock. I would be doing a burnout at ~50-55mph and upon releasing the line lock the speedo would bury the needle. Would the proportioning valve play into this? Anybody ever see something like this before? Line lock is installed between the master cylinder & prop. valve.
Car has a new master cylinder, new brass proportioning valve, new front calipers, new rear wheel cylinders.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
even though your supposed to install it after the prop valve i always installed them infront of it and never had that problem.

what line and where did you install it in?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Installed as per GNTTYPE's middle illustration in this section.
This is a problem that has developed, it did not act this way last year.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
oh so it just started to happen? does the car feel like it has more resistance when usin the line loc compared to when you installed it?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems to take more effort to initially break the tires loose for the burnout than it should, can actually feel the tires sort of "break loose" after you step on it enough to build some boost. And I do have to get it into boost to actually break them loose when doing the burnout.

·
Gone and almost forgotten
1,042 Posts
Maybe the adjuster wheel has made it's way too far out and is keeping the shoes agains the drum ?

Have you pulled off the drums to have a look ? If they are tight, then it may be a mechanical sort of problem, meaning the adjuster wheel, or maybe the shoes are not seated properly or the anchoring pin is broken etc....

:dunno:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.