Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Someone Crown My Ass!
7,081 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a vendor or store to get one of these? A light hanging over the top of my car fell tonight and put two 1/2 dollar size dents in the roof :mad: I am getting it painted in a couple of months but I can't stand looking at the dents and hope to work them out. Also have like two small dents on the hood from the previous owner pressing too hard there so I would like to suction them out if possible.- TIA

·
Registered
790 Posts
If there is a crease in the dent, no. If its a smooth dent, you may be able to remove it without much work. More than likely with my experience and the way people describe the dent to me, andthen when I see it, I tell them you will need work to be done to it before paint. You are better off leaving it alone and letting the body guy do it, unless you have bodywork experience. When you mess with metal to much you are making it weaker. It also may make it harder for the guy thats doing it next. If you are getting the cr painted, let the guy do it all nono

·
Registered
10 Posts
Paintless dent removal is amazing...As long is the paint isnt cracked the DentWizard should be able to remove it....Look into it it is cheap.They have a certain way of doing it.Dont just push it out you will stretch the metal...Leave it to the pro's

·
Turbocharged BrunoStachel
4,813 Posts
Are you talking about one of the gadgets they advertise on TV? I see they are on sale at Walgreens of all places. Although I would recommend taking it to some one with the right tools and experience I was thinking if I had $19.95 burning a hole in my pocket it would be fun to see if it really works by experimenting on one of the daily drivers. Eric Fisher

·
Registered
790 Posts
That dent removal tool is crap! I'm sureit would be good for about 1 out of 60 types of dents. You could actually pull to hard with that think nd make the metal bulge out. That paintless dent removal is good, but only for certain dings and small dents. I was actually trined in that for a small period of time when I was about 17. I wish I had stuck with it, cause I would be rich!!!! Well, I can't change the past! Whoa is me frown

·
Registered
683 Posts
I'm actually going to try the "Eastwood" dent remover. (about a $100) It looks like the cheapo version but made better, a U shaped puller and special hot glue gun to bound the puller shaft to the body metal. They also sell a spot welded type (a stud is welded to the bare metal and a puller actually pulls on the stud) for around $300! I had the "Dentless system" remove the hood dent and drivers door edge dent on my first GN. Real small dings can be removed but any creases requires a little more work and yes you can cause more damage trying to repair them. Good Luck! Gene

·
Registered
169 Posts
ILBCNU6 - we had a guy come by and demo one of those things at the shop...pulled the dent right out - and - the paint off...we couldn't stop laughing all day. Be careful, like said above, you can cause more harm than good

·
Registered
683 Posts
Hey ZAM, so those pullers do pull everything out including the paint! That's OK Too! as I'm going to paint this car completely and remove all the trim and body parts that can be removed to paint it like the factory! (I'm going to strip the car to bare metal and re-paint it) I don't know about the expensive spot weld type but may buy that one too! I'm opening a shop in the twin cities to promote the TR's here and a parts vendor too! All aspects of a car shop including my race car, ETC. Gene

·
Registered
169 Posts
The spot weld type is called a stud gun. Wonderful tool. There is finish work involved after you pull the dent though.
we use them every day.
Skip the glue and spring job...it's a rip-off

1 - 9 of 9 Posts