Turbo Buick Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well,this is my winter this year....a 4.1 bored .30 with coated speedpros.sealed power ts series rings with a gapless second,coated bearings,474 lift cam,champion gn1rs,roller,roller,roller,lol...arp studs..everywhere,cat forged crank,rjc racing pullies ,full set,and plate...009 injectors,65 mm th body,and port matched dog house,houston down pipe,3400 lock up,everything had been balanced,new timing cover,oil pump assy,new sensors... all of em.. lol (cam,tps,coil,module,all of em) ta 49 turbo,with turbonetics in car adjust,totally stainless exterior bolts,dutt neck,with a t66 on the way.3.5 maf with translator,im sure im forgetting somthing....but my question is.... should this be a pretty good combo?i want to post pics but i cant "resize them" and help with that too?im in the dog house with the wife tho.... need a roomate with a nice T R? lol
any comments good or bad would be appreciated....thanks guys! :cheers:

·
Registered
282 Posts
Depends........

On your goals but initially, it sounds like you built a purposeful 10 sec motor but yet your injectors and turbo speak 11-12 seconds. Not saying you couldn't get there on what you have but imo your injectors and turbo are too small for the combo you have and especially with that stall. I ran a 10in 3400 L/U Pat's with a PT 54 and now with a TE61 and those two turbos and two steps above a TA 49........

·
Registered
282 Posts
Oops

My bad, just saw you have a T66 on the way....with that turbo you should do just fine, but upgrade your intercooler anyway..Go for broke......looks like you already did though...... :headbang:

Good luck makin up w/the wifey :crazy:
Steve Chambers

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the 49 and .009s are the only thing not new... i have a t66 on the way and injectors....(wife confiscated the check book,and jack wont take an i.o.u...)
but with a 66 and 60 lbs should be a good combo? :dunno:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
broke.... lol.. that was a month ago... before the install happening now....I'll buy her a new bag or purse,what ever,that should help.... lol.the intercooler was the only major thing i was worried about,well,and the injectors.thanks for the input!how can i resize a pic to post? :3gears:

·
Registered
282 Posts
66 and 60's

Would be excellent if you were running street only, for the street/strip and to be on the safe side I would actually step up to some 72's......
Good luck and buy that purse!!!!!!! :headbang:
Steve Chambers

·
Registered
90 Posts
2blue87s said:
how can i resize a pic to post? :3gears:
I use a freeware image viewer call IrfanView that also does some basic editing such as cropping, resizing etc but no drawing.

It can be download at http://www.irfanview.com/

To use just open the file then pick image->Resize/resample then save the as a new file.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i will download it.... thanks a million! :headbang:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts