Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Delaware;Seems it can be abit of pot luck getting a antique tag here.. a friend of a friend got turned down because of several aftermarket gauges (boost,f/press,tach,w/b,s/master,) one person almost got turned down bcause exhaust was 3" turndowns that where hard to see... One guy at the lanes said they looked for cars that where hot rodded too much? My grandcamino has chrome/billet wheels, cowl hood, 275 drag radials,single shot grumble, i really want that tag. thinking maybe i should borrow some stock looking wheels... maybe hang flowers over all my gauges. anyone try it in DE yet?

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts

·
Buick Turbo Performance
2,058 Posts

·
car crazy from birth
729 Posts
They actually LOOK at the cars in DE? Wow.

Here in NJ - you send some pix to Trenton :rolleyes:
Go to a cruise nite here and see anything up to "full pro-street look" with the QQ tags. :dunno:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thats the bitch...who determines this "substantial" change? i guess pick a lane and take your shot?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
I think the key wording for classifications. Go Fast parts= No Antique Plate. Kinda bumbed about that one for my GN when I finally put her back together if Im living in DE?

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Guys. Relax. I did this to my GN last year or the year before. They didnt say a word about anything. Just said that i shouldnt be driving it everywhere, since they have been cracking down on people abusing it. At least thats what the guy said at the time.

They didnt say a word about any of the gauges to me, at least at the time. And no one said anything about the stuff under the hood.

As far as I know as long as it passes safety and emissions you're good. I think Wayne got his GN antiqued and it has/had Welds with MTs and a rollbar in it.

I wouldnt worry about it too much guys.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thats the first good news i've heard about it...still think i'm will swap the wheels though. can you imagine NEVER having to go back!...almost too good to be true. maybe i'm paranoid. last year i was lucky enough to go on rookie training day...they picked my cycle apart..rear fender was too short...turn signals didnt have enough square inches of amber lens (had to be 3" of lens) rear reflectors not visible enough (partially block by exhaust) i was hot. went back,got a cool girl..she just roller her eyes=passed me.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Had no problem passing.. Emissions, yes. But rest was fine.. Gauges on pillar, hood and pass dash.. 3 inch ATR single shot.. Big and little tires with Mickeys.. Maybe just bad karma.. And a shout out to Harry Anderson for fixing emissions..:headbang: Good luck and go back..

·
www.magnabuick.com
6,876 Posts
Yeah, but my car??...
- Rollbar
- no heater/AC
- Big front mount IC and in your face pipes
- 76mm 4 bolt turbo
- no power steering or power brakes
- fuel cell

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Yeah, but my car??...
- Rollbar
- no heater/AC
- 76mm 4 bolt turbo
- fuel cell
See post #9.

·
Premium Member
967 Posts
Yeah, but my car??...
- Rollbar
- no heater/AC
- 76mm 4 bolt turbo
- fuel cell
Rollbar- never looked.. heater- dont think they would care.. Intercooler- have and no comments made.. p/s or p/b - no reason for them to complain.. they have to drive it.. they pass older cars.. fuel cell- dont know but i thought you had that covered!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts