Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here’s the data from my new Turbo Link. Keep in mind the data is cold with key on and then idle at temp. No actual driving do to a Pentium Tower and 21in monitor attached to the ALDL. The O2 mV indicates Rich I think, but the mix was switching back and forth from rich to lean. Real odd deal is 3rd gear, that sucker is ON. Some trouble me thinks ! Let’s here it out there Turbo Doctors, your diagnoses please.

This is the car in the post "Can't Burn Rubber"

KEY ON COLD RUNNING @ TEMP

IAC 150#58% IAC 48#18%
LV8 0# LV8 44#
TPS 0.42V TPS 0.44V
INT 128# INT 128#
O2 441Mv O2 648Mv
MAF 3 GPS MAF 6 GPS
BLM 128# BLM 130#
O2cnts 0# O2cnts 18#
MAP 3.0 INHG MAP 2.0 INHG
RPM 0 RPM 775
ESC 0# ESC 0#
SRETARD 0.0 SRETARD 0.0
PROM 1D28 PROM 1D28
TEMP 92 TEMP 181
MPH 0 MPH 0
BATT 11.9 BATT 13.6
EGR 0% EGR 0 %
ECM NORM ECM NORM
BAT NORM BAT NORM
CFLOOD NO CFLOOD NO
LCNTL OFF LCNTL OFF
ASYM OFF ASYM OFF
MIX LEAN MIX L/R
LOOP OPEN LOOP CLSD
P/N ON P/N ON
TCC OFF TCC OFF
P/S OFF P/S OFF
3RD ON 3RD ON
4TH OFF 4TH OFF
AC OFF AC OFF

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Other than the third gear switch apparently being stuck on in the tranny, the iac nees to be adjusted a bit, it appears.

O2 is moving like it should be.

Rest of it looks okay for idle as I recall.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do ya think the 3rd gear switch would be freaking the ECM. Ken Mosher said the MAF was not good at just key on reading. It is the wrong MAF a 2.5" neck down NAPA thing I don't remember how it got there? IAC needs a little tweeking too. But now with the software that should be much easier.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I don't think the third gear switch is freaking the computer. With a stock chip, it could be pulling boost out of first and second. I forget what else it does.

I checked two of my cars that are here--both read 4 on the maf with the key on and engine Off. One has a rebuilt maf, the other has the original maf but with non cone in it. Not sure that I can remember what they read normally but 4 sounds about right for engine off state. I have MaxEfforts on all three of my turbo cars but I don't think that affects the maf read outs.

Most people have reported poor results with the necked down mafs in the past. I would suggest buying a rebuilt one from Conley, Kirban, Ron Joseph, etc.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I realize the neck down sucker is not the way to go, but I did try a "known Good" one on it and it didn't change the low end performance.

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
okay, you did not do the one test that matters at the moment-checking the converter.

Put it in gear, press down on the gas until the rear tires begin to turn and note the rpm on TurboLnk I want to know what the brake stall on your converter is.

Also, compare reading on rpm between the factory leds and T/L at a few points..say idle, 2000 rpm, and 3000.

Did you buy the boost sensing option?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No actual driving do to a Pentium Tower and 21 inch monitor attached to the ALDL.

If you mean in gear and foot on brake, then press gas until rear tires begin to turn, IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN. She will just sit there and grone at about 1800RPM.

No boost sensing option !

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
does the TurboLink show 1800?

If it does, something certainly seems strange with that converter. It will not begin to build much boost at 1800.

yeah, I meant standing still with your machine hooked up thru the window.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Steve or anybody, what should the stock D5 stall to while foot braking it? I'd like to check this tonight on my car. I checked to see if it was a D5 last night, it is.

Thanks
KS

------------------

87GN, 12.05 @ 111, SIXTY FOOT 1.60-LAUNCH 15#, BONE STOCK LONG BLOCK, STOCK I.C. (BELL MOUTHED), STOCK TRANS/CONV, Stock Turbo, 009'S, RED'S 107 CHIP. HOME MADE 3" DOWN PIPE. RUNS CONSISTANT 12.10'S-12.11'S.

http://www.geocities.com/kdslaby/solidworks.html

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
depends a bit on the quality of your brakes and tires but 2200-2500, I would say...some get more

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thanks. SteveY said the same thing.

KS

------------------

87GN, 12.05 @ 111, SIXTY FOOT 1.60-LAUNCH 15#, BONE STOCK LONG BLOCK, STOCK I.C. (BELL MOUTHED), STOCK TRANS/CONV, Stock Turbo, 009'S, RED'S 107 CHIP. HOME MADE 3" DOWN PIPE. RUNS CONSISTANT 12.10'S-12.11'S.

http://www.geocities.com/kdslaby/solidworks.html

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
well, he is a good student! LOL

1 - 12 of 12 Posts