Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to this last year with my GN for the first time and met up with a few other GN owners running their cars that day. I plan to go again. Anyone else thinking of going?

Ang

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
With the cooler weather the cars will be haulin the mail!
I haven't been out at all this year & they prep the track good for his cars so maybe I can get out before the snow flies.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hell ya!

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Oct 3

This is were you can let it all out and not get kick off the track.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
That's where I buy my MT's if I'm not going to the US like the last few times.
Do you pre register or is it cash at the gate? That seems to be what I remember from years ago. What time the gates open 10-11am?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
This is were you can let it all out and not get kick off the track.
Some of those guys let it all hang out knowing they have all winter to fix it!
I'm running tuner style at about 21 lbs so I'll lean out the fuel & see if I can drop a few tenths from 100* at BPG & grab a 10 sec run. If not I really don't care that much anymore but it world be fun! :cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be running C12 unleaded for the first time on a street chip. I don`t think Eric can burn me a race gas chip and have it delivered before the event. Can I run race gas on a street TT chip?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I would have Eric send a chip Priority Post so it's here in 3 days. :yup:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I will be running C12 unleaded for the first time on a street chip. I don`t think Eric can burn me a race gas chip and have it delivered before the event. Can I run race gas on a street TT chip?
I'm assuming you have a 94 street chip...and I'd take a guess you told Eric you were gonna run about 18 PSI. You want C12 so you can run more boost...which also requires more 3rd gear fuel...and you can increase it a maximum of 20 percent. Higher octane also requires more timing/boost to ignite...and I'm not certain what Eric uses as default timing settings for C12...but I could take an educated guess. I'm not trying to be a dick...but if you honestly don't know what you're doing...wait for the chip to arrive. One other thing...the higher the boost level you run...the less margin there is for error. Race gas ain't cheap...a pail of C16 just ran me $132.00

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm assuming you have a 94 street chip...and I'd take a guess you told Eric you were gonna run about 18 PSI. You want C12 so you can run more boost...which also requires more 3rd gear fuel...and you can increase it a maximum of 20 percent. Higher octane also requires more timing/boost to ignite...and I'm not certain what Eric uses as default timing settings for C12...but I could take an educated guess. I'm not trying to be a dick...but if you honestly don't know what you're doing...wait for the chip to arrive. One other thing...the higher the boost level you run...the less margin there is for error. Race gas ain't cheap...a pail of C16 just ran me $132.00
Good advice. Chip is on the way. Hope it gets hear before Oct 3rd. If not, leaving the C12 at home. I should probably bring a spare o2 with me if running on C12. I can get a NGK unit (which I assume is a Denso replacement) for $35. Good idea??

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
I'm at the track most weekends...and the Densos seem to hold up pretty well. Myself and one of the other members here order them from NOS4GN.

·
Registered
783 Posts
You said the C12 is unleaded earlier. If it's unleaded it won't hurt the 02 like the leaded race gas does.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ok - the time has come. I'm nervous as all hell - even though I've made over 60 passes in my G8 - about running my GN. I've decied to run a street tire so as not to break anything. At this point, I am curious at how she will respond with more boost on better fuel. So I have no plans at hard launches.

I have a question about the TT race fuel chip. Since I'm driving to the track, when do I switch out the street chip to the race chip? I'm assuming after I put the race fuel in the tank, but doesn't the EMC need time re-learn the new chip? So should I make a couple of gentle passes on race fuel with the race chip before turning up boost and what not?

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I would put the "Race Chip" in now & drive there with it as it won't harm anything. Also, if you are using Street Tires with 0 Boost off the tree then all you will find is Top End MPH & I doubt it will be more than 2-4 MPH higher than with your "Street Chip" so don't expect a whole lot.
Drive around the water box & roll into it.
Have FUN!!! :yup: :cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts
The race chip has a ton more timing in it compared to the street chip. Accidently hit the gas on the way there...and you might say goodbye to your headgaskets. Remember...timing is adjustable for low/high gear...so you could just back the timing off to drive it there...and put it back to the default settings when you arrive.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
The race chip has a ton more timing in it compared to the street chip. Accidently hit the gas on the way there...and you might say goodbye to your headgaskets.
He seems like a pretty cautious driver with his posts.

Good Luck & Have FUN!!! :cheers:

·
YOU KNOW MY NAME!
5,673 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Beautiful Day & I just got home from a job that I had to be at since 7:45 am :rant:

I hope they all did well & no one had to call CAA! :D

·
aka: mOtOrHeAd MiKe
6,603 Posts
Ok - the time has come. I'm nervous as all hell - even though I've made over 60 passes in my G8 - about running my GN. I've decied to run a street tire so as not to break anything. At this point, I am curious at how she will respond with more boost on better fuel. So I have no plans at hard launches.

I have a question about the TT race fuel chip. Since I'm driving to the track, when do I switch out the street chip to the race chip? I'm assuming after I put the race fuel in the tank, but doesn't the EMC need time re-learn the new chip? So should I make a couple of gentle passes on race fuel with the race chip before turning up boost and what not?
There is no learn function for WOT. The settings are hard coded. Just switch chips and fuel when you get there.

·
fantasy tuner/investor
4,035 Posts
Based on the the results I heard........they were in desperate need of ......

11am to 4pm
Any regular weekday Monday to Friday
Excluding Holidays
Regular Rentals not available on Tuesdays

$500 + $50 for every car over 6
For any rental over 10 vehicles, a guest list must be provided to track office prior to rental.

Traction Compound VP or VHT

One Lane Prepped
60ft - $100
300ft - $250
500ft - $400
Full - $800

Two Lanes Prepped
60ft - $200
300ft - $400
500ft - $600
Full - $1,200

Safety Man is required for vehicles over 13.99 et. or any rental with 2 lanes.
Ambulance is required if any one vehicle is faster than 13.99et.

Safety Man - $150
Ambulance - $300

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.