Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 84 t type has always had a rattle that resonates from under the dash. I recently took the car out of storage and would like to remedy the problem. Any similar problems or suggestion?

·
Registered
176 Posts
My 87 has a noisse in the dash too. It only seems to do it when the engine is cold. Maybe the engine vibrates differently. It sounds like a rattling speedo-cable.

------------------
87 Turbo T, CAS V4 and Cold Air

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Try some white lithium grease on the underhood, rubber hood bumper, located up near the windshield.

Noise sounds just like an underhood dash squeak especially when the car is cold.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Try checking the screws holding the latch on the glovebox. This is where one of my rattles came from.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The sound is definitely from the drivers side, I will try the grease under the hood rubber seal. I'll let you know, thanks

·
Registered
743 Posts
That won't rattle, it will just squeek when you hit a bump. It will also sound like it is comming from the windshield. Do it anyways though, that squeek gets anoying. Sometimes it is difficult to find where those rattles are comming from. It my sound like it is only driverside, but it could be the console. Put your hand on different parts of the car while you drive, keeping your eyes on the road, to find the rattle.

·
NOW AVAILABLE ON DVD
2,284 Posts
this is caused by the round rubber bumper located in the center by the windshield. I have fixed this on mine and numerous other regals, not just turbos. it is annoying and sounds like something is in the dash like heater ducting rubbing against something. the dab of grease will remedy it in a hurry.

------------------
Mustang, it's what's for dinner.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts