Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Valve Monkey
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After I popped a head gasket, when I backed the car into the garage to work on it, it started leaking oil at the Downpipe flange on the "hot" side of the turbo. I've no doubt that the turbo's oil seal has failed, but the vendor says it's not a warranty job because he says he can see where "trash" got into the turbo and damaged it. He says I need to check my motor out for damage (i.e. metal shavings, etc.) I did, and I can't find the first bit of trash in the oil or the oil pan. I even cut open the oil filter and checked it; nothing! Motor has less than 6000 miles on it and was built by a well-known TR shop. Is the turbo vendor just trying to get out of a warranty job or what?

------------------
Richard Gautier
'87 GN, TE61, blue tops,IC and a half,Champion iron heads, Roller rockers,ported intake and plenum,70mm TB, Houston DP, no times yet!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Well I have never had a warranty turbo claim but I would ask the following questions. What is the definition of "trash". Secondly was it in the oil feed or did some trash hit the blades on the compressor or exhaust turbine? I'd want to know what trash was in it and what it damaged. Just my .02.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts