Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After adjusting my TV cable (thank you UNGN and Steve)I warmed up the car and to it for a spin.after being fully warmed upthes were the readings at idle RPM750 IAC13 O2 0.96
O2cc 000 BLM128 Int128
fuel pressure still at 45ftlbs.
where's the fault.
Thanks Bildo

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
These are idle readings?

What scan tool are you using? (I am curious about the 0.960 O2s...looks like its an otc4000 or similar?)

CCs were zero? at idle?

What chip are you running?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Steve sorry it took so long to get back to you.yes those readings were at a idle,useing a OTC 4000E scantool the chip is a THRASHER 92 with anti-theft.

------------------
87 GN 3"ATR DP 2.5 ATR duals,7th injector,rebuilt turbo(stock)rebuilt injectors(stock).30 JE Pistons,accufab regulator,ATR super pump Hot wired,stainless driver side exhaust manifold.SOME ASSEMBLY STILL REQUIRED

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
I don't see a fault then...not at idle. It is idling pretty rich but then the Thrasher idles richer and in open loop compared to most chips.

The 4000 will report higher O2s than most of us report here using Scanmaster, TL, DS, etc.

Those read .441 when the key is on, engine not running whereas the 4000 should report .500.

to convert o2s values we report using those tools, multiply times 500 and divide by 441. Or multiply by 1.133. You will get readings about 100 mv higher due to this difference. The Thrasher is a screwball chip in some of its codings so you may get some parameters that look strange on a scan tool.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks alot Steve,I'm still tinkering around to try and find my spool up problem.
Bildo

------------------

·
Retired
1,966 Posts
Ya, best all around rule of thumb with the OTC 4000 is to just subtract 100mv from what you're seeing to calculate "actual". Not 100% accurate, but VERY close.

------------------
TurboDave & Kathy Huinker, mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>
TurboD Racing,Turbo Buick Web Ring
San Diego CA http://home.san.rr.com/buickv6/
86 GN(MM/MAF Xlator/Extender,MM BstC Boost Command,THDP,PTE44,CAS V2FM,MSD50's,9.5"vigilante 3500)
87 GN [email protected](Stock)
84 Z28 L69
01 Excursion LTD PSD 4X2

1 - 6 of 6 Posts