Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As most know the LTD has a column shift with some extra space between the flip top cd/sunglasses compartment between the front seats. (forget the proper name?) Well between that & the heater vents I have a coffee cup/spare change holder screwed to the body directly above the tranny. Been like that since 87 It was getting loose so I got some bigger screws 14 instead of 12 & torqued it down. Holy Poop! The whole car was shaking, rattling the spare change, screwdrivers, tic tacs etc but violent! Figured I must be on 4-5 cylinders or something. I get home & figure out the screws were hitting the tranny when I gave it some gas & it made everything shake like heck! Amazing??
I mean stuff was rattling like there was something really wrong with the car?
Who would guess that some pressure from the screws to tranny could make it act so weird? So thats a new one for me? These cars are always full of surprises! :crazy: :yup:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What? It was Shakin from the 2 stinking screws connecting frame to tranny under load? I know it makes No Sense!! :crazy:
Its the Facts palin & simple! :dunno:

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OK Lets start over! :D I didnt drill a hole in my tranny! :eek!: :eek!:
I drilled a couple very small holes to mount a coffee cup/spare change holder.
The holes were drilled thru the body directly above the tranny. This would position the holder to have easy access to put my coffee down. When the screw was tightened too much, it protruded thru & hit the tranny slightly so when I torqued over the engine, the tranny & body sort of became one (thru the screw) This in turn made everything in the glovebox, cupholder, etc Rattle like Poop! Loud! Like running on 5 cylinders type rattle. I was eliminating all my body bushings in a weird kinda strange way. Anyway, I backed off the screw a couple turns & no more contact thus no more rattle! I realize I did not explain this very well the first time but it should make sense now? At least I hope it does! :D :yup: :crazy:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Here's a pic. of mine, says Expandable on it and folds down and pops out to hold the cup or can. Vents provide cooling or heating as needed for your refreshment. :cool:

Wish I could find another of those way cool Jones sunglasses holders, don't remember where I got it. :dunno:

PS: Never affected driveability all that much. :wink:

·
Sick Sick Six
566 Posts
salvageV6 said:
Here's a pic. of mine, says Expandable on it and folds down and pops out to hold the cup or can. Vents provide cooling or heating as needed for your refreshment. :cool:

Wish I could find another of those way cool Jones sunglasses holders, don't remember where I got it. :dunno:

PS: Never affected driveability all that much. :wink:

That Dash has more clutter than my girlfriends side of the closet !!!

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Clutter? :dunno:

I like to think of them as amenities. :wink:

Here's one of the tach. and alky. prime buttons and Kenne Bell KR detector thats been wedgied in there for 17 years. :yup:

For the original poster I would just remove the screws you used and cut them down a bit shorter to fit better, even if they were self tapping you should be able to use them since the threads would already be cut into the sheet metal floor and they should go back in and hold just fine.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just backed them out a turn & added a washer to take up the bit of slack & its fine now. Amazing that the things caused such a major vibration? :crazy:

·
Full Blown Buick Man
172 Posts
My God man, get some of that off the dash. :rant: :6:

·
Registered
339 Posts
how in gods name could you read the scanmaster like that? The sunglasses holder....worthless :rolleyes:

·
Registered
195 Posts
Which box/switch controls the weather outside? :)

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
How hard is it to remember 6 digits in the most complex mode? :rolleyes:

Well actually the scanmaster remembers for ya if it's real important. :wink:

It's been there 10 years or so.

Sunglasses holder has worked great for about 15 years. :)

Here's the boost display pic. now that's easy to read although it too records the peak boost and other info.

Here's the high beam and line lock switches, no NOS. :wink:

Got plenty more too. :6: :headbang:

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
how old are you salvageV6- you remind me of this 70 year old man i know, hes got a late 70s olds, hes got a button and holder for everything, hes even got a ceramic heater with a extension cord in the grill- he plugs it into the wall every night to a timer- at 6AM this heater comes on when he gets in the car to do bingo or whatever at 7 its nice and toasty- well it was till it caught on fire. he forgot to put a grommet in the firewall where he ran the cord through :crazy:

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
Old enough to know not to pick my nose, and not to live in New Jersey. :yup: :wink:

Much younger than Steve Wood and Ed from NYC. :sw: :cool:

Here's one of the ECM and front 8" PRO-JBL subwoofer. :)

Can't move the ECM back to the stock location, it doesn't like it there.

Not quite sure why either. :dunno:

I design all my own buttons, sometimes I even remember what they all do and how they are wired up. :)

Plenty more cool stuff on salvageV6 too. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
I like these holders better :headbang:

Attachments

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
ME TOO!!! :cheers:

·
Hydra Station Supervisor
1,644 Posts
salvageV6 said:
Old enough to know not to pick my nose, and not to live in New Jersey. :yup: :wink:

Much younger than Steve Wood and Ed from NYC. :sw: :cool:

Here's one of the ECM and front 8" PRO-JBL subwoofer. :)

Can't move the ECM back to the stock location, it doesn't like it there.

Not quite sure why either. :dunno:

I design all my own buttons, sometimes I even remember what they all do and how they are wired up. :)

Plenty more cool stuff on salvageV6 too. :cheers:
You mean north NJ which sucks, south NJ near Philly does not suck as much and we have warmer weather than you do so nah! :loser: LOL you somewhat cooler weather state guy thing. Plus we have SFGA and you don't! ha!
PS. where is your flux capacitor? with all that crap in your car you should have a flux capacitor. LOL :D

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.