Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got home from meeting up etobicoke GN and drove up the 410 and # 10 almost to Orangeville. Side by side coming down...what an awesome sight......:cheers:

·
2 GN's = No money!!
5,116 Posts
Glad to hear you guys got some miles on your cars' yesterday. :yup:

I put a few miles on mine yesterday afternoon and then again this morning after work. Between the two days I probably put a little over 160 km's on it. I figured there might not be any better weather left this year. In my travels I saw 3 newer style Corvettes and an early 80's Z-28 this morning and it seems like they were all doing the same as me, just trying to get a few more miles in this season. :yup:

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They were built to be driven....just love the cooler nights. Not to many more nice days left before there winter blankets go on.

·
ASSIMILATING HUMANS
98 Posts
ouR lOnG rAnGe oPticAl sCanNErS pIckEd up beAchBum dRivinG hIs z28 iNto WoRk lAsT nIghT. eNd Of tRanSmisSiOn.

·
Homer Simpson
339 Posts
Drove mine into work last night then to hockey in the morning. It's that very brief time of the year when I can do both in the same day.

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Drove mine into work last night then to hockey in the morning. It's that very brief time of the year when I can do both in the same day.
Yes I am sure those days are very limited.....

·
Registered
114 Posts
cruise

Yes those days are becoming limited,but.Bruce I cannot still get over the thrill of 1oo MPH down the 10 side bye side.Always a pleasure to be in the presence of an "X",And of course yourself.Thanks again buddy for just being there.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Remember the bullshit 50 km plus law..............would'nt want to see your cars go to some shitty inpound yard.:cheers:

·
Darth your car is ready!
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan, thanks for the tip...but at that moment it didn't matter. You just needed to be there! Would you you agree etobicoke gn?

·
J.B. RACINGS #1 FAN
163 Posts
:)[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEkJguspbnA]Top Gun- Need for Speed - YouTube[/ame]

·
Registered
114 Posts
kmph tip

It wasn't so much the need for speed,it was a moment,it really didn't matter,it was two BUDDIES cruising;and it will happen again trust me!!!!!!!!!!:headbang:

·
Registered
114 Posts
cruise

To continue what I also wanted to say was,Thanks for the tip,but you have to try and picture the big picture that evening;two 87 monsters driving down a some what lonely highway.The night is cool, the air is crisp.The"X" is to the right of me.All of a sudden I hear the tranny drop down,its gone and I trying to play catch up.The humm of those two cars going down the highway was pretty amazing.I don't know about you all,but to cruise around with a GNX,and punch it the way Bruce does is so way COOL.

·
Where are my hands?
436 Posts
Remember the bullshit 50 km plus law..............would'nt want to see your cars go to some shitty inpound yard.:cheers:
It's okay..... takes the Crown Vic a bit to get up to speed, which allows plenty of time to implement the "ghost car" strategy.:wink::wink::D

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
As I have always preached to my kids........"a two way radio is way quicker than any car or bike" Something to remember!

Just got back from Georgetown and it's only +3deg C......rain is coming down and is splattering in big fat drops on my windshield......almost snow like.

Good thing I put the Buick away in storeage for the winter last Sunday after the Timmies get together.

·
J.B. RACINGS #1 FAN
163 Posts
As I have always preached to my kids........"a two way radio is way quicker than any car or bike" Something to remember!

:D[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mc-98ZZ-s14]Trailer park boys- bubbles sees a hell a ********** - YouTube[/ame]

·
TURBOWTIE
588 Posts
Like that kid last night who did 170 in a 70 thats just a few kms from my place

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
1980monteturbo

Hey Steve,

Sent you a PM

:cheers:
Dave

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
5 AM? - Go back to bed!
Nah....it was sometime after 7am actually.....the times listed for posting are way off! Certainly not in this time zone anyway. :yup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts