Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking on adding cruise control to my Toy, and have been looking over the wiring diagrams. I saw that there is a cruise control module. Where is it located, and are there any other cars that share the basic CC setup or are they specific to the TR's? (turn signal stalk and controls, servo, cable, etc?)

Thanks
Paul
1972 Toyota celica with a 87 TR drive train

·
Registered
76 Posts
the module is located under the dash to the left and above the steering wheel. I'm sure other cars share the same system. If you have to buy the pieces new, it will be pricey. I think the module is 150 and the diaphram (underhood) is in the 200s. Also, don't forget to grab the brake switch. Do you have a GN speedometer hear that drives your speed sensor, b/c the speed signal for the CC comes from the speed sensor. That's all I can think of now.

------------------
87 GN, basically stock 3.8, std sealed power hypereutectic pistons, poston 107 cam and poston headers, GM3927142 valve springs, lucas 33lbs injectors, Reds 93, homemade fuel pump hotwire kit. BCA #33689, California Capitol Chapter

·
Registered
6,966 Posts
I would think about going to Mike McCoy or Brian Weavy for the used parts. I got a cruise module reasonable from Mike.

Just my .02.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Remember to have fun installing that thing while you are wireing it through your steering column.
Sorry I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just preparing you for the road ahead.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies guys

I'm just fishing for now, trying to weight the cost and hassle factor. I have the VSS mated to my speedo cable and the brake switch wiring already setup, so that would not be a major problem.

BooBoo231cu
Thanks for you warning, but as you can tell by my sig, I am no stranger to punishment.

72 Toyota Celica with a 87 TR drive train

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hey Paul, if you need parts let me know. The wires at the turn signal stalk have been cut on mine to disable it
If you want to rip out the diaphram and module we could hook up one weekend and take the stuff out. Since I have never used it I don't know if it's functional but it's there if you want it. Beware, the wiring in my car is, well.... you'll see
Let me know and we could set something up.

------------------
Dan
86 T-Type

1 - 6 of 6 Posts