Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Mafia staff car
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cruise on my 87 GN has always worked fine, but out on a drive this weekend and noticed that it wasn't holding the speed. It was trying, but not keeping up. This is NOT a power issue - still plenty there! Just not holding 55. Is there a vacuum hose that might be leaking or some other known item? I've searched the board and all the problems seem to be related to it not working at all due to various switches - nothing on my prob.

Any ideas?

·
Boost Addict?
2,080 Posts
Doublecheck your vac lines starting under the hood at the cruise diaphram and follow through looking for soft spots, kinks, or any loose connections or abnormalities.

·
OK! Who Farted Again??
17,852 Posts
I'll bet there is a vac leak that is probably quite small but enuf to mess it up!

·
dismember
293 Posts
Check the vacuum line that goes from the tee down to the plastic ball vacuum reservoir thingymabob. That hose is probably one the most neglected ones on the car. :usa:

·
Registered
155 Posts
If you can't find a leak on the vacuum lines, then your cruise control module probably has a small leak in the diaphragm. I've had to change out a couple on two different Le Sabre's that we owned. They both did the same thing, wouldn't hold speed or pull up a hill.

John

·
Register Boozer
3,904 Posts
Isn't there a line by the brake pedal, under the dash? I saw a loose vacuum line there a while ago and didn't do anything about it because I had no idea where it went. It kills the cruise when the brake is hit I believe? :dunno:

Anyway, I wouldn't know, I never use the cruise myself.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts