Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man after 26 yrs the cross over pipe is about done. I replaced the starter tonight and found that the cross over pipe at the drivers side mounting flange is split about 340 degrees around the pipe. Taking it to work tomorrow to have the pro's look at it.... I may need to buy one from a MAGNA Brother, Hot Rods are in town this weekend, every year seams like the Buick needs attention when they roll in...

Chuck

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I know Paul, TA Performance web site, is opened in another window... a guy on the other board has a new black stainless steel set for sale, missing a couple of bolts for $1000 shipped. If I still had them overtime checks, it would be sold!

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
Chuck the hot rod show is in York this weekend?

Man what ISN'T going on this weekend.

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I here you Jeff, hot rods in York this weekend.

Stefan, I hear ya, I'm on borrowed time, the guys at work did there magic today, car is back together, getting ready to wash it and go look for some old cars to mess with.... no not really, but going to go for a cruise and waste some gas....

Chuck

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts

·
Estimator
3,627 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This is THE WEEKEND to cruise in York, Dave you coming to York Sat Night?

Chuck

·
Registered
239 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Just had my TA headers installed and driver's side makes conact with the sterring column knuckle. Has anyone else had this issue?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not on mine but it has TA solid motor mounts.. Something to think about changing anyhow..
I have the same mounts installed

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
It's not even close on mine. I have TA driverside header with gasket on my one car and both cars have TA crossovers. I have HR dr side motor mount and Trans mount in place. Did you check you trans mount to see if its collapsed (if stock)?

·
Registered
113 Posts
It's not even close on mine. I have TA driverside header with gasket on my one car and both cars have TA crossovers. I have HR dr side motor mount and Trans mount in place. Did you check you trans mount to see if its collapsed (if stock)?
Did not check the trans mount - will do that Friday. Here's a pic of the steering knuckle and header.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Can someone post a quick pic of the driver's side TA header on their car for reference?

·
Premium Member
1,014 Posts
Wow that looks bad. Another thing that will help is go out and get a Jeep steering shaft. They are thinner in that area and much better design over our crappy shafts. If I can get a picture up I'll post it.

·
Buick Hypochondriac
3,236 Posts
Here is a pic of the Jeep steering shaft vs. a G Body unit. Much much smaller. Steering feeling is better than stock, but my original box is thrashed so I can give a 100% accurate review.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Where do I get one? Local scrap yard? Maybe the local guys can chime in as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.