Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I'm going to pull my headers this weekend for some needed repairs. Before I reinstall these I have a question for those of you that are running a stainless cross over pipe...is it worth it...or is it just another item to say, OH Yea I've got one of those?

I think I would rather take my wife out to dinner and make some points with her than to give ATR anymore $$$ for some BS part. I don't mind spending for an item that improves the overall performance...but appearance and frills don't fall into this catagory. TIA ;-)

Mike Gallagher

------------------
"CAUTION"
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
If yours is not badly dented or holed, it is largely a waste of money. The factory one is stainless. Also, the ends may be a bit distorted but fit perfectly into your headers but the new one may be nice and round and be hard to get to seal.

leave it alone and take your wife for a steak and win some points. Us car guys always need points!

------------------
------------------
Steve Wood

Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional.

86 GN bought new, 87 T-type-81 El Camino with GN drive train-basically stock 86, 94 Caprice 9C1, 69 SS396 Camaro Convertible

·
Registered
279 Posts
I had my stock one off a few weeks ago and I got a look at it to see if maybe it could be improved upon. I decided that it wasn't really worth my time or $$ so it went back in. Keep the factory piece and buy your wife a drink for all of us

Regards
KS

------------------

87GN, 12.05 @ 111, SIXTY FOOT 1.60-LAUNCH 15#, BONE STOCK LONG BLOCK, STOCK I.C. (BELL MOUTHED), STOCK TRANS/CONV, Stock Turbo, 009'S, RED'S 107 CHIP. HOME MADE 3" DOWN PIPE. RUNS CONSISTANT 12.10'S-12.11'S.

http://www.geocities.com/kdslaby/solidworks.html

·
Registered
13,052 Posts
Drink up

------------------

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks...thats just what I was thinking.

You guy's know with a nice meal and some drinks I'm just looking at the outside chance that I might even get lucky.

Mike Gallagher

------------------
"CAUTION"
UNDER CONSTRUCTION

·
Registered
345 Posts
My car had slow spool up and my stock crossover looked like Bo and Luke had visited Cooter's Garage a few times too many.

The $99 (at the time) 2.5" crossover cured the slow spool (must have had a leak somewhere in the multiple weld blobs) and it fit like it was supposed to. Almost 5 years later it still looks like new.

------------------
UNGN
My Timeslips Page
My G-body Homepage

[This message has been edited by UNGN (edited August 10, 2001).]

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have Poston's crossover and I did notice a minor improvement. The real bonus is that the ceramic coating looks killer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts