Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys i posted this in another section but i know some of you guys have some expeirience.

as ive been spending most of my money on the GN and other bills- im never going to beable to buy a Sy outright like i want to. everytime im getting close to the 10K mark i blow it all. i want to spend like 15K on a nice Sy. so ive been thinking about credit unions. my dealer i work for doesnt do credit unions- does anyone know any other options i have for it? most places kill you in cars older than 8 years with their intrest rates.

thanks!

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
credit union

you may want to borrow the money from your credit union as a personal loan or a home equity line of credit (if applicable) not to say you are buying a car.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats the problem- i dont own a home

i do have good credit for the limited credit i have- im 20, and i have no one to cosign for me. not that people dont trust me- its the fact that my mom has signed for my brothers 20K in school loans and shes got that hanging over her head- and my dad doesnt really have credit- everythings in my moms name

·
aka BURNRBR
874 Posts
credit....

how about a personal loan for vacation and paying off some small debts?

·
Premium Member
4,910 Posts
When I bought my GTP, I joined American Heritage through my dads work (he was working for Visteon/Ford). It was originally listed as a personal loan with a slightly higher interest rate, then changed to an auto loan with a lower rate when I was able to get the title. I don't remember the numbers but honestly I think I was paying like a 4.xx interest rate when Sovereign Bank offered a "low low 7%" interest rate. Saved a lot of $$. In think credit unions are the way to go, they usually have much better deals than the stupid banks do.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts