Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of ya'll use this stuff? Check out the claims on the can. "Proven gain of 4-10 hp at the wheels" after using this MAF cleaner. Pretty good for less than $6 a can. I'll be trying it...when my motor is put back together. :mad:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,825 Posts
What if you spray it on a new sensor? Will you get 4-10 more HP at the wheels? Or if you spray it on a motorcycles MAF, do you get 8-20 at the "wheel" or does the front suddenly have 4-10? :)

Sounds like a gimmik to me. I would venture that the only way you can gain 4-10 HP with that stuff is if you have crud (that the can will remove) on your MAF that's currently costing you 8-20 HP.

Personally I don't like the idea of ice cold arosol hitting the MAF membrane. That thing's kinds sensitive. Get a can of arosol compressed air and spray it on clear plastic sometime. That might scare you a little before hosing down our picky MAF's.

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Gimmick.

·
Registered
13,053 Posts
Orlando_87GN said:

why would a company make such a product :dunno: :wink: :D

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It's completely safe. I read the back. I didn't really mean that it would give you 4-10 hp on a new MAF. I just thought you would assume that it were talking about an older, dirtier one. I think it would work. It can't hurt.

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
I wonder if it's a coincidence that the same company makes electrical contact cleaner (I have a can right here). :cool:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Zap said:
I wonder if it's a coincidence that the same company makes electrical contact cleaner (I have a can right here). :cool:
Just what are you getting at Zap? :dunno: You backing me up or what? :cheers:

·
Registered
22,915 Posts
I'm saying it's probably electrical contact cleaner with a different label. Will it work on a dirty MAF cleaner? Maybe...but I tend to doubt it. :cool:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It will work! Because it freakin' says so :rant: ....So maybe I put too much trust in people. :dunno: Lol! :D

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
It will work! Because it freakin' says so :rant: ....So maybe I put too much trust in people. :dunno: Lol! :D
You trust in the can..not people :rotflmao:

·
It's a 'G' thang
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes: How do I show sarcasm with the keyboard? Like this?

*Attn: Above statement is meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner.*

·
Resident Slut
5,477 Posts
RealestVIN7 said:
I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes: How do I show sarcasm with the keyboard? Like this?

*Attn: Above statement is meant to be taken in a sarcastic manner.*
So was I :poke:

·
Premium Member
43,735 Posts
Amateurs! :crazy:

$6 for a can...95 bucks for a new maf. That makes it $101 for something that should have been left alone!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts