Turbo Buick Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am using a 1994 AM/FM Delco CD player in the GN. I believe it came out of a '94 S10..

Anyway, the situation. Horrible radio reception. Is it possible for these radios to need some sort of internal adjustment to recieve stations clearly?

Or maybe it's a problem with my antenna. How can I check that? It's a non-power antenna.

There is a weird antenna looking plug right in front of the heater box, under the hood. It looks corroded and I can't get it apart. I wanted to unplug it, and spray some contact cleaner in there, but it will not come apart. Also, tried to get this plug undone on a friends car. No go.

Help.

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

·
Premium Member
1,652 Posts
I saw a news broadcast yesterday talking about some satellite problem that is causing interference with radio signals in FL. Did not pay much attention to the details but there should be something in the papers.

Do not give up on that radio just yet.

------------------

Scottie's GNZ

·
Registered
132 Posts
Mine was coming apart and corroded. I had to replace the antena. To do so requires taking off the fender and fishing the wire back to the radio. Pain in the ass.

------------------

87 Turbo T WE4 Astro Roof, TE 44,
868 Injectors, XP+ Fuel Pump, 160 Stat, 3"Down Pipe, Poston Headers and Cross Over Pipe, 2.5" Dual Exhaust, SMC Alcky Kit, 202 202 Cam, Scan Tool, Thraher 92 Chip, Reds 93 Chip, and Casper Thumb Wheel Chip, Nitto Drag Radials 275 50 15's, and Pinion Snubber
http://shanebuickwe4.homestead.com/shanewe4.html

·
Resident Idiot
11,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update. I forcefully pulled the antenna connection apart that is in the engine compartment, right where the coax comes out of the fender. There was a connector that looked corroded and was stuck together.

I cleaned the contacts and the radio seems to be 100% better. I haven't drove around yet, but that is when the reception was the worst. I think it is fixed though.

------------------

Stock Turbo, Stock Heads, Stock CAM, V4, MSD50's, TH DP, JayJackson 62mm TB, 16position MaxEffort Chip. 3750# with Driver
12.35 & 108.39 Street Trim
11.92 @ 111.77 Race Ready
mailto:[email protected][email protected]</A>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts